No votes
David Coulthard
No votes

Total votes: 26

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Wed May 11, 2005 5:17 pm

julian mayo wrote:I don't like Monaco any more, the cars outgrew it years ago. altho happenings in the tunnel can brighten one's day :lol:
I thought the cars are actually thinner :rolling: :ROTFLMAO:

Even though there is no overtaking I enjoy Monaco. Watching those guys driving inches away from the armco is a thrill to watch.

I am looking forward to Renault dominating there!!
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed May 11, 2005 5:25 pm

JayVee wrote:
julian mayo wrote:I don't like Monaco any more, the cars outgrew it years ago. altho happenings in the tunnel can brighten one's day :lol:
I thought the cars are actually thinner :rolling: :ROTFLMAO:

Even though there is no overtaking I enjoy Monaco. Watching those guys driving inches away from the armco is a thrill to watch.

I am looking forward to Renault dominating there!!
You could be very disappointed then. Look out for the Toyotas :twisted:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

F1greyhound
Over 500
Over 500

Post by F1greyhound » Wed May 11, 2005 6:06 pm

Monaco is of course far too narrow, but exciting nevertheless, especially from the onboard camera. It takes highest skills, Qualifying is even more important plus a faultless drive and excellent strategy. This year the tyre issue will be interesting too although I fear the worst for FERRARI. :?

Altogether I expect a better GP than Barcelona... :lol:

A good outsider chance for Ralf, he might be real value at 16/1... 8)
YOURS IN SPORT

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed May 11, 2005 6:24 pm

F1greyhound wrote:Monaco is of course far too narrow, but exciting nevertheless, especially from the onboard camera. It takes highest skills, Qualifying is even more important plus a faultless drive and excellent strategy. This year the tyre issue will be interesting too although I fear the worst for FERRARI. :?

Altogether I expect a better GP than Barcelona... :lol:

A good outsider chance for Ralf, he might be real value at 16/1... 8)

Doesn't Ralf have a nasty habit of sticking it into the barriers at Monaco :?:

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Wed May 11, 2005 8:24 pm

Giancarlo Fisichella 12% [ 2 ]

8)

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Wed May 11, 2005 10:02 pm

Trulli or Kimi for Monaco win :wink: ..... but its too far off :wink: ....
An F1 Idiot!!!

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Wed May 11, 2005 10:11 pm

Just wondering if the cars were stripped after Barcelona, as promised by the FIA :wink:
An F1 Idiot!!!

F1greyhound
Over 500
Over 500

Post by F1greyhound » Wed May 11, 2005 10:54 pm

Ralf gets things alright when he feels well in his package. He was faster than Jarno in Barcelona and that will give him more confidence, plus a bit of aggression as it was the team that made Jarno pass him albeit not intentionally...

PS Had this happened at FERRARI(M passing R) we would have had 100 posts on their cheating...
YOURS IN SPORT

F1greyhound
Over 500
Over 500

Post by F1greyhound » Wed May 11, 2005 11:09 pm

Oh and Irvines comments cant be left without an answer, this man not only had a limited ability to shine in F1, but whereas he was a decent driver he certainly is not decent at all as a commentator. He is as inferior to Martin Brundle and John Watson in that discipline as he was to MS in the FERRARI :cry: . His comments are unfounded and pretty dumb :oops: , please dont publish his nonsense anymore. :idea:
YOURS IN SPORT

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Thu May 12, 2005 12:37 am

F1greyhound wrote:Oh and Irvines comments cant be left without an answer, this man not only had a limited ability to shine in F1, but whereas he was a decent driver he certainly is not decent at all as a commentator. He is as inferior to Martin Brundle and John Watson in that discipline as he was to MS in the FERRARI :cry: . His comments are unfounded and pretty dumb :oops: , please dont publish his nonsense anymore. :idea:
I quoted Irv yesterday, i think... but now i've found an other version :? :lol: and i like it better...

"All he had to do was pass him down the inside and ask Alonso the question: Do you want to crash or finish second?" said Irvine.

where is the nonsense?? it's quite logicall, he is too far in points comming 2nd to Alonso doesn't help, gives hi -2 (better for him would be both out...)

alonsofan
F3 Tester
F3 Tester

Post by alonsofan » Thu May 12, 2005 1:27 am

kimi was very strong in spain, alonso had problem early in the race and he couldn't keep up, the driver of the race to me was fisichella as he moved into second from sixth then had some problem and made a very long pit but still got back to fifth

f1greyhound, your comment on ferrari isn't in the right place, why ? because ferrari never let michael and rubens fight till the end, only try until the last stop then slow down with toyota they kept fighting until the end so obviously there was nothing by intention!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu May 12, 2005 8:53 am

sgd wrote:
F1greyhound wrote:Oh and Irvines comments cant be left without an answer, this man not only had a limited ability to shine in F1, but whereas he was a decent driver he certainly is not decent at all as a commentator. He is as inferior to Martin Brundle and John Watson in that discipline as he was to MS in the FERRARI :cry: . His comments are unfounded and pretty dumb :oops: , please dont publish his nonsense anymore. :idea:
I quoted Irv yesterday, i think... but now i've found an other version :? :lol: and i like it better...

"All he had to do was pass him down the inside and ask Alonso the question: Do you want to crash or finish second?" said Irvine.

where is the nonsense?? it's quite logicall, he is too far in points comming 2nd to Alonso doesn't help, gives hi -2 (better for him would be both out...)
When he was driving, one Oz ex-racer referred to him as "Eddy the idiot" :lol:

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Thu May 12, 2005 9:24 am

Irvine is a muppet! His mouth always ran faster than his cars.
Ok, Lewis may win the WDC in 07, but Sato will beat him in 08.

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Thu May 12, 2005 9:32 am

anyway
"All he had to do was pass him down the inside and ask Alonso the question: Do you want to crash or finish second?"
looks logical... specially from a ex-driver...
and remember about the points, -2 comming 2nd to Alonso, +2 winning, 0 both out....
this time I just have to say that Irv is talking logically. BUT not at all, MS have had bad luck... saying that MS is past it is premature...I think he still could win many races...

but not a WDC till......... 2015?? :lol: :lol: :wink: :P :twisted: :arrow: :alright: :crush:

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Thu May 12, 2005 9:38 am

MS has already had to apologise to Heidfeld for Melb. I guess he didn't want to take the front runner out of the last couple of laps.

Also consider that it is a long way till the end of the season. While Alonso is a favourite for the WDC at the moment, it's not in the bag yet. MS needs points over all the other drivers, not just Alonso.
Ok, Lewis may win the WDC in 07, but Sato will beat him in 08.