No votes
David Coulthard
No votes

Total votes: 26

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue May 10, 2005 7:17 am

JayVee wrote:Kimi was the man to beat and even Alonso The Cute couldn't match him.
He lapped his own teammate and Barrichello.

I was amazed by Fisichella who set the fastest lap time on the last lap. Talk about MicheGrip!!!

Barrichello struggled and Michael cooked his tyres. There is no way that the two left tyres deflating was just bad luck.
Ferrari not only have tyre problems but reliability problems too.

Expect more mistakes!

Good to see Ralf fighting his teammate for a change.

Something is definetly wrong at the Webber/Williams camp. Even their strategies are poor :shock:
And Webber should have let Heidfeld through due to different strategies, there is no point fighting like that. He should have saved his car and tyres for the real fight with Fisichella later on

The Red Bulls were fighting the Ferrari's. How's that sgd!!

The Saubers were dissapointing

TV coverage was shocking. The slow mo of Alonso with Ralf's engine sound (I think) was something!!

Monaco next!! How do you pick that!!

Webber should have followed team orders ? :shock: I want to see racing! :lol:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Bundy
Racer
Racer

Post by Bundy » Tue May 10, 2005 9:42 am

the first person any driver wants to beat is their own teammate!!! If you beat your teammate your job is secure....Why oh why oh why then would you allow your teammate to pass you just because he is on a different strategy????

People, you need to have a massive competitive streak to be the best in any sport. The Minardi's & Jordan's only pull over because they have to under the laws of the sport NOT because they want to.

The only driver in F1 that would pull over for his teammate is Rubens & once again that is only because he has to.
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.......

I'm no ordinary idiot. I'm an F1 idiot!!!
146th in 8'n'Pole 2007
293rd in 8'n'Pole 2006

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Tue May 10, 2005 10:19 am

julian and bundy,

Of course a driver shouldn't give way to his team-mate but only if they are really racing against each other. Webber and Heidfeld were not and given they were team-mates at least for the interest of the team Heidfeld should have been let through to try and get a better result. He finished 10th and just a second behind Barrichello.

The racing wasn't real as Heidfeld had yet to pit.

Webber should've put more effort in keep Fisichella behind and not his team-mate.

I read Alan Jones defending Webber and saying the start was 70% car 30% driver. We all know the Williams is no good starting, why then raise the expectations with a 2nd place on the grid only to fall back ?
I am sure Webber has a say in his strategy so he must cop some of the blame.
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Tue May 10, 2005 10:24 am

On another note, just read Irvine's comments on the BBC talking about Alonso
The guy's awesome. When the pressure's on, he doesn't seem to make mistakes like Michael does. He's the new king

Kimi Raikkonen's up there as well. The guard is changing, and I think it's about time because Michael is the most boring world champion ever.
It is only Irvine but The Cute is awesome, Michael seems to be making more mistakes and he is boring 8)

Bundy
Racer
Racer

Post by Bundy » Tue May 10, 2005 10:27 am

if the team had wanted MW to pull over for NH they would have radioed him and instructed him to do so...they obviously have no problem with it so why would anyone else....

I read that article.....MW has also said that they succeed as a team and fail as a team so he is not shying away from his responsibility. They tried to steal pole position but failed & paid the price for starting on the dirty side of the track...

Maybe MW's biggest mistake is qualifying strongly and giving the Williams team false hope that they have a competitive car. WHICH THEY DON'T

146th in 8'n'Pole 2007
293rd in 8'n'Pole 2006

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue May 10, 2005 10:42 am

JayVee wrote:julian and bundy,

Of course a driver shouldn't give way to his team-mate but only if they are really racing against each other. Webber and Heidfeld were not and given they were team-mates at least for the interest of the team Heidfeld should have been let through to try and get a better result. He finished 10th and just a second behind Barrichello.

The racing wasn't real as Heidfeld had yet to pit.

Webber should've put more effort in keep Fisichella behind and not his team-mate.

I read Alan Jones defending Webber and saying the start was 70% car 30% driver. We all know the Williams is no good starting, why then raise the expectations with a 2nd place on the grid only to fall back ?
I am sure Webber has a say in his strategy so he must cop some of the blame.
This was a motor race. A RACE. IN A RACE PEOPLE ARE EXPECTED TO RACE EACH OTHER! I want to see a driver RACING each and every driver on the track, to the best of his, and his car's ability. I want to see EVERY position fiercely contested at all times. I want to see team mates striving for superiority over each other, CONTESTING! RACING! AND I am bloody sure most MOTOR RACING FANS feel the same way. I do not sit up til the ghosts have gone to bed, to watch strategies. I do so to see RACING.
Webber is one who RACES, ie., contests for position in a RACE!
Criticize those who meekly give way,and follow team orders, do not criticize RACERS. :twisted: :wtf: :furious: :shock: :bs: :twisted: :furious: :no: :no: :no: :furious: :bs:

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Tue May 10, 2005 11:03 am

julian,

First this is my opinion!

Second, to me Webber and Heidfeld were NOT racing for position. You don't see it that way, fine I respect that

Third had it been Heidfeld holding up Webber would your view be the same ?

And I do criticize team orders and if both were racing to the finish then yes just like Trulli and Ralf, that was great.

And to be clear, I am not saying what Webber did was wrong, to me it wasn't necessary. In hindsight, it was more important for him to save his car for his battle with Fisichella. Again in my view :wink:

And don't show the AXE :shock: :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue May 10, 2005 11:32 am

JayVee wrote:julian,

First this is my opinion!

Second, to me Webber and Heidfeld were NOT racing for position. You don't see it that way, fine I respect that

Third had it been Heidfeld holding up Webber would your view be the same ?

And I do criticize team orders and if both were racing to the finish then yes just like Trulli and Ralf, that was great.

And to be clear, I am not saying what Webber did was wrong, to me it wasn't necessary. In hindsight, it was more important for him to save his car for his battle with Fisichella. Again in my view :wink:

And don't show the AXE :shock: :shock:
If Nick was giving it the full welly, as was Webber, I would not have a problem. Regardless of the fact that Nick was going to pit, it was a race for POSITION between two guys in the same team who are already looking at next year.( if they have any brains, I know Mark has, and Nick does not seem unintelligent).

The Axe is resting on a full stomach :wink:

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Tue May 10, 2005 5:17 pm

An intruging race where the best DRIVER-CAR-TYRE package won.Kimi drovely a faultless race start to finish.Mclaren have been super quick all weekend and the race showed us that it was no fluke.(or De la rosa was not driving on fumes on Friday)
I'm 100% convinced Montoya would have finished on the podium,maybe 2nd, if he didnt do a 360 deg spin and then the fuel rig problem during his pit-stop. :oops: :cry:

Alonso drove a effortless race (nothing extra-ordinary)as he didnt have to battle with anyone.His car was not quick to challenge Mclaren but just quick enough to stay ahead of the Toyotas.There was a moment in the race where i felt the weekend ghost has entered his car and Renault's 1-car non-finish has moved to Alonso.But luckily for him,he survived.Alonso surely would have missed his heartbeat seeing his race pace drop and seeing Toyota in his mirror.Also Michael's Ferrari 2 fastest laps and seeing him jump to 3rd position at that time would have brought Imola memory back a little.But for me,Alonso in front of his home crowd was very ordinary!!!Renault pace is dropping,only reliabilty can get them this years championship. :shock: :shock:

Excellent battle between the 2 Toyota's.Ralf was definitely faster than Truli,but as we know Ralf,he can reach the tail of the front running car but cant overtake :shock: :shock: :wink: I expect Toyota to do well in Monaco too.They do have a very good aero package. :D

Ferrari struggling in qualifying would be the major worry for Brawn,Todt & Michael,as they see their title slipping away.Rubinho bad luck seems to continue and I doubt now Ferrari can comeback from this position to win any of the titles :( :oops: :shock:
I dunno know if Michael cooked up his tyres or picked up debri or valve/air pressure failure.But he definitely had a good race pace.Michael on podium would have spiced up the drivers champioship a bit more :wink: (My wish of 3 way championship would have come alive :wink: )

Fisi,i think is been trying to do a lot in the race trying to cover up as he has lost out on previous 3 races and which has lost him his edge of being a smooth driver :shock:

I cant figure out if Mark Webber is in a wrong car or MW has just gone complacent with Williams(Sorry Julian) after Frank has admitted that they have problems with the car,though i enjoyed his battle with Nick.Williams seems to have a big problem with their car and if this continues,surely they would be without BMW next year.

Bad day for Narain,he was beaten by Monteiro fairly.(didnt i mention some where,Sachin's presence would affect his performance :furious: )

Missed BAR.Button would have been quick here ,podium mayb (if BAR BBQ didnt happen)with Taku in 5th or 6th place. 8)

Season seems to be taking a turn :wink: A couple of Non-finish by Alonso & Kimi on podium would certainly bring thing alive otherwise i think Alonso is sitting pretty for Driver's championship.

Mentioned a piece of history somewhere-Pole position driver in Barcelona,wins Drivers championship since 1994,irrespective of his win or non-finish in the race. :wink:

Kimi the new World Drivers Champion :bouncec: :bouncey: :bounce: :bounceg: :bouncest: :drink: :up: :clap:

:cheers:
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue May 10, 2005 5:38 pm

Kappy, it seems you and I are the only ones that enjoyed Mark and Nick battling :twisted: as in racing each other :lol:

Bundy
Racer
Racer

Post by Bundy » Tue May 10, 2005 6:22 pm

you can add me to that list as well

146th in 8'n'Pole 2007
293rd in 8'n'Pole 2006

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Tue May 10, 2005 9:55 pm

Here I'm 100% with JayVee!
Enjoyed MW-NK "battle"?? good, but that was not racing, it's like when the ledear after pits fall temporary to 5th, 6th behind an slower car and... racing was Ralf vs Trulli, Alonso vs MS in Imola was racing... Blocking his teammate which is fighting vs a Ferarri for the 8th place when he's 5th, is not smart racing... as i said that looked dumb because that was not battle for a place and they have very different fuel levels.
julian said about beat you r teammmante is the goal, of course!!! that is the point that that was not a battle for place, MW was just dumb traffic for NH.
But as JV says, that's my opinion :? . Hope webber will get some brains soon.
Bundy voted Webber driver of the race because he had a bad strategy and a bad car, started 2nd and finished 6th (thanks to Montoya's and MS's problems).... i just can't understand that.

later some said they enjoyed Mark and Nick battling...
I(and not only me, believ me!) didn't at all I enjoyed to see dumb block, BUT enjoyed beautiful battle Mark vs Fisichella!!!!

Bunday said "its a bit hard to stop a car overtaking you at the end of the straight when his car is going 10-15kph faster than you..."

yeah, hard but that MUST do a good driver!!!!!!!!! you forgot Imola as well? Spain in a cirtuit where is extremally diffcult to overtake, and everybody knows it!!! even in the straight!! all you have to do is know how to take the corner before it....
Montoya was even faster then Massa (then was Fis. vs MW) and didn't pass. massa was good, webber was BAD, very bad that was the 5th place!!!
man, i just can't agree with such a blind vote "Webber driver of the race" that's just nonsense!!!!!

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Tue May 10, 2005 10:13 pm

JayVee wrote:On another note, just read Irvine's comments on the BBC talking about Alonso
The guy's awesome. When the pressure's on, he doesn't seem to make mistakes like Michael does. He's the new king

Kimi Raikkonen's up there as well. The guard is changing, and I think it's about time because Michael is the most boring world champion ever.
It is only Irvine but The Cute is awesome, Michael seems to be making more mistakes and he is boring 8)
yeah, that's cool....
but you missed the nice last sentence, explaining why he thinks MSumierda's boring... Irvine continued:
"I couldn't believe Michael at Imola. All he had to do was pass him (Alonso) down the inside. There was no point finishing second to Alonso."
... and added:
"Maybe he is getting past it. Three years ago he would have done it."
:lol: :lol: :lol: 8) :roll: :lol: :lol: :alright:

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Tue May 10, 2005 10:47 pm

Kapel wrote:Alonso drove a effortless race (nothing extra-ordinary)as he didnt have to battle with anyone.His car was not quick to challenge Mclaren but just quick enough to stay ahead of the Toyotas.There was a moment in the race where i felt the weekend ghost has entered his car and Renault's 1-car non-finish has moved to Alonso.But luckily for him,he survived.Alonso surely would have missed his heartbeat seeing his race pace drop and seeing Toyota in his mirror.Also Michael's Ferrari 2 fastest laps and seeing him jump to 3rd position at that time would have brought Imola memory back a little.But for me,Alonso in front of his home crowd was very ordinary!!!Renault pace is dropping,only reliabilty can get them this years championship. :shock: :shock:
Kapel, you can't judge a season from one race. McLaren (actually Kimi) was faster than Alonso and everyone else in Spain only just like Ferrari (actually Michael) was faster than everyone else in Imola.

In both races Alonso was there miles ahead of anyone else.

Renault have an overall good package so they may not be the strongest on a single circuit but they will be strong everywhere. They'll be strong in Monaco and Hungary and they'll also be strong in Canada and the US.

Why is Renault's pace dropping ? McLaren were supposed to be strong from the preseason so it took them 5 races to show it. Toyota aren't catching Renault, Williams aren't and Ferrari have melting tyres.
BAR maybe but in Imola they weren't close.

Alonso struggled with his tyres early in the race but once that was sorted he was already far behind Kimi that he couldn't catch him. He was lucky that Fisichella made that long pit stop but I don't anyone else would have got him including Michael and Montoya.

And Michael's race pace ? what was so special ? He only pushed when the cars in front started to pit but he wasn't held up like Imola, he knew his tyres were marginal but took a chance. As I said two left tyres going flat with 2 laps of each other is no coincidence. Had he stayed in the race he would have struggled towards the end.
Interesting comment from Bridgestone "What we can say, however, is that the wear on Michael?s rear tyres was within acceptable boundaries."

But Michael had some 20 more laps and what about his fronts were they not within the acceptable boundaries :shock:
Also Barrichello complained about blisters.

May all the coming races be warm and sunny :D
It'll help my picks :shock:

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Tue May 10, 2005 11:06 pm

"Maybe he is getting past it. Three years ago he would have done it."
You mean (or he means) took him out :shock: :up: :rolling: :ROTFLMAO: