Giancarlo Fisichella
5%

Total votes: 20

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:38 am

:that:

Thanks F1greyhound. I agree that rain on the ring will make it an even more exciting race. are you saying Nick would take the race because the Sauber's have better mechanical grip? I know that Fernando is usually good on wet surfaces; of course we don't know anything about Lewis in the wet. And I'm embarrassed to say I can't remember Kimi doing well in a wet race. Of couse he gave a master class at Germany in driving a fast car with a flatspotted front tyre!

I guess we'll know this weekend!
:up:

Jim Watt
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:55 am

gkaytaz wrote:
F1greyhound wrote: KIMI was smooth as silk again and maybe the Championships are far from decided....
True. Especially with Ferrari vs McLaren deal still at hand...

Or underhand 8)

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:42 pm

Jim Watt wrote::that:

Thanks F1greyhound. I agree that rain on the ring will make it an even more exciting race. are you saying Nick would take the race because the Sauber's have better mechanical grip? I know that Fernando is usually good on wet surfaces; of course we don't know anything about Lewis in the wet. And I'm embarrassed to say I can't remember Kimi doing well in a wet race. Of couse he gave a master class at Germany in driving a fast car with a flatspotted front tyre!

Jim Watt
I am surprised Julian did not comment on this one.... me ........ I am not touching it. :ROTFLMAO:
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:14 pm

jacfan wrote:

Jim Watt
I am surprised Julian did not comment on this one.... me ........ I am not touching it. :ROTFLMAO:
Any driver good enough to handle an F1 car, should be able to handle same on a wet track. The Renault has a sweet chassis, Fisi might be well up this weekend, if it is wet. IMHO Fisi, Nick, and Webbo are the guys for a wet track 8)

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:56 pm

Jim Watt
It'll be exciting for sure. Alonso is one of the best wet track racers. Now that Schumi is no more there are only a couple that can rival him. BMWs will be quite okay on the wet track. Renaults too. Lewis is yet to be seen driving on a wet circuit... I say if it's wet Alonso will fight the BMWs and possibly Fisichella for the top spot of the podium.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:59 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
gkaytaz wrote:
F1greyhound wrote: KIMI was smooth as silk again and maybe the Championships are far from decided....
True. Especially with Ferrari vs McLaren deal still at hand...

Or underhand 8)
Bernie's hands are always turned up :wink:
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:00 pm

Julian Mayo wrote: Any driver good enough to handle an F1 car, should be able to handle same on a wet track. The Renault has a sweet chassis, Fisi might be well up this weekend, if it is wet. IMHO Fisi, Nick, and Webbo are the guys for a wet track 8)
Webbo will be okay if the car stays with him... That has not been the case lately.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:36 pm

gkaytaz wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote: Any driver good enough to handle an F1 car, should be able to handle same on a wet track. The Renault has a sweet chassis, Fisi might be well up this weekend, if it is wet. IMHO Fisi, Nick, and Webbo are the guys for a wet track 8)
Webbo will be okay if the car stays with him... That has not been the case lately.
A Maximum downforce track can only help 8)

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:03 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
gkaytaz wrote:
A Maximum downforce track can only help 8)
Let's hope that he'll have a better race this time.

F1greyhound
Over 500
Over 500

Post by F1greyhound » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:44 pm

Coming from England, LEWIS should be well capable of handling a wet track...

I picked NICK because I believe he is the best wet racer out there, thinking of 2 or 3 dry races this year where he matched FERNANDO I am pretty sure that he will succeed if it rains..

RALF is another candidate and even though hardly anyone believes in him I think he is at a turning point of the season, well done with the 5th time yesterday!

JENSON also might see a glimpse of hope clocking 8th in both sessions..

MARK has so far been really unlucky re.the packages he received, he has hardly ever had a decent car. The RED BULL doesnt look great..

...in the end it will probably still be FERRARI vs. MCLAREN...
YOURS IN SPORT

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:46 pm

F1greyhound wrote: RALF is another candidate and even though hardly anyone believes in him I think he is at a turning point of the season, well done with the 5th time yesterday!
Struggling to the last :)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:46 am

F1greyhound wrote:Coming from England, LEWIS should be well capable of handling a wet track...

I picked NICK because I believe he is the best wet racer out there, thinking of 2 or 3 dry races this year where he matched FERNANDO I am pretty sure that he will succeed if it rains..

RALF is another candidate and even though hardly anyone believes in him I think he is at a turning point of the season, well done with the 5th time yesterday!

JENSON also might see a glimpse of hope clocking 8th in both sessions..

MARK has so far been really unlucky re.the packages he received, he has hardly ever had a decent car. The RED BULL doesnt look great..
I agree.......a couple of years ago I was asked why, on this forum , I thought MW was good in the rain.
In a two year old FF car I watched a fella go 5 metres deeper under brakes on one corner, every lap went home n watched the video of the race, tthe guy Q'd in, from memory, midfield at best, then it rained........Winton......when I was young........he won by more than 40 seconds

...in the end it will probably still be FERRARI vs. MCLAREN...
8)

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:50 am

Now that Hamilton failed to qualify in the top four the balances will change...

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:50 am

Hmm perhaps I should have posted this into the German GP thread...