David Coulthard
5%

Total votes: 21

K-D
Racer
Racer

Post by K-D » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:45 pm

sgd wrote: I write: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:
You are welcome to your opinion, I honestly think mine better formulated.
sgd wrote: I say: Wow 6 years, that is good from the family... it was a long time they winning... almos a tradition ;) BUT: (almost) everything has an end, and this, for sure. And i see its end is VERY near!!! sad isn't it? =p
No sadness is not really part of my feelings involved with F1, unless a driver hurts himself I appreciate the effort that the drivers and teams use in getting the best results, and I marvel at the ability of the drivers.
sgd wrote: "However now they know what is wrong, and I garuantee that they will remedy this in time for San Marino." :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:
I write: they know how can you be sure!?
I do not know as reading the team minutes, I know because any team on the grid would know in 3 weeks what caused a gearbox to malfunction.
sgd wrote: it's a clear error to belive en guarantees done by such BLIND MS and Ferrari fans...
Please don?t mix up what I wrote with other posters. I Guarantee that Ferrari will have fixed their gearbox by Imola, that is the only guarantee I am giving. This have ZERO to do with Michael Schumacher.

I am a Michael Schumacher fan, so I guess him to win every single race, however were you paying attention I have also written why I thought Fernando Alonso to win both Malaysia and Bahrain.

8)
K-D

K-D
Racer
Racer

Post by K-D » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:05 pm

Graham Ross wrote:Interesting posts K-D and JayVee, keep it and good to see different points of view :wink:

But K-D how can you be sure and 100% convinced that Ferrari can get reliable in 3 weeks yet you claim that BAR is a mess and they will have an extremely poor 2005 ?
With all due respect towards BAR and Honda, the problems that Honda is facing is very different than what Ferrari is.

Honda was shooting for a 1000 bhp engine, capable of lasting two race-weekends. They have failed massively, however the engine is a done deal, and in order to have it last, they need to run it at less than peak, which will make it slow.

Honda have placed themselves and BAR in a ?darned if you don, darned if you don?t? situation, and you can compare it to the season when the Mercedes engine was going pooofff all the time.

Ferrari have package which is essentially strong, however their new gearbox developed issues, which is not as difficult to fix, as having en engine unable to cope. I am not convinced that Ferrari will be 100% reliable in 3 weeks, I am 100% convinced that they have fixed their gearbox problems in 3 weeks.

I was mistaken in Rubens problem in the race, but will cover behind Kiesa who was commenting on Danish (live :wink: ) race coverage, and told me that he had gearbox problems. I understand that it was a hydraulics problem on Michaels car, however since it placed the car in 4th gear, without the ability to change it, I insist that it was a gearbox issue.

8)
K-D

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:57 pm

Hi guys,

It was an interesting race at the start,when Michael was putting pressure on Alonso till lap 13,dunno how much fuel was in that Ferrari but it was nice to see someone challenge the flying Alonso. After Michael went out,Alonso had an easy run to the finish.Its good that the telecast didnt focuss on Alonso all the time as it would have been boring but instead concentrated on the mid-field where all the Action was.
:lol:
De la Rosa was the driver of the race for me and its good on part of the Bahrain circuit managers/designers to have more run off areas.I think this gives the drivers more confidence to go beyond their limit sometime to overtake knowing they can join in if they went off.
Mclaren seem to pick up pace once 13-14 laps have go in the race,which is quite sad.
Was happy to see one of the renault having a mechanical failure.Mayb this wouldnt be a runaway/dominant season like v have been experiencing lately.
Ferrari has clawed back but i think not enough to challenge for a win yet with Bridgestone melting.Even Rubens criticised them today :shock:
Toyota is a pleasant suprise,but was shock to see the Red Bull behind.
As usual the BBQ party was on at the honda camp :wink: which will help Button move to Williams next year.
Webber drove a good race but i think he over did it.There's a problem definitely somewhere,mayb BMW.As they look to take over Sauber,they seem to be less interested this year.(never know with this F1 politics man)

Hope Rubens gear problems are solved,with no reliabilty issues on Ferrari and hope Mclaren starts getting their best from the first lap,which will make this season exciting.

Atleast have a 3-way-battle for the championship.
An F1 Idiot!!!

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:09 pm

K-D, you are now ducking and weaving like a politician :wink:

Earlier you said
K-D wrote:I am sure and 100% convinced that a car can get reliable in 3 weeks.
and now you say
K-D wrote:I am not convinced that Ferrari will be 100% reliable in 3 weeks, I am 100% convinced that they have fixed their gearbox problems in 3 weeks.
Or are you hoping we forget quickly :D :shock:

Then you blame Keisa for the Rubens problems in the race, again the sign of a politician :wink:

But the real reason I had to post (despite being top of the world after my stunning 8 'n' Pole result) was this
K-D wrote:I understand that it was a hydraulics problem on Michaels car, however since it placed the car in 4th gear, without the ability to change it, I insist that it was a gearbox issue.
Mate who are you trying to fool ? Insist or otherwise, the problem on Michael's car was a hydraulic pump failure. Todt said it and Michael too. Now if a pump failed surely then you won't be able to change gears but that doesn't not make it a gearbox issue :shock: :shock:
The pump was even a part from the old car and nothing to do with the gearbox
With this logic one can then say that a car retiring when it ran out of fuel had an engine issue. The engine stopped so it is an engine issue.

There were gearbox problems on 1 car only and that was Rubens. You can insist otherwise but you aint fooling me :wink:
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:57 pm

power. power to the wheels= winner Or , if you prefer I can do a longer windes version, bbu t I sshhhould www..wwwarn yyou tthat I sssssstutter
So lets stick to Frank Gardiners version Power. power to the wheels, then get anybody with any skill to drive it. You will win. If you have more power to the wheels than the next bloke you will win. Frank relied on the engineering capabilties of his team to give him motors that were not grenades, and"power to the wheels" covered the rest. BAR= Grenades, Ferrari= ?power to the wheels?? lets hope , with the best brains, and facilities available to F1 these teams get competitive asap. My personal wish is to see michael schumaker beaten by better drivers in equal cars ( and I believe there are 3 out there, not including Mark Webber, one reminds me of the Professor).,Because Michael, in my opinion is not a man who puts his sport, from which he has made multi- million dollars, ahead of ego. He has, in my opinion, reduced overtaking, which the sport needs to survive, to an unacceptable risk for most of the pilots. Graham likes Montoya, I like Webber, I suspect for the same reasons. Michael Who?
:lol:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

K-D
Racer
Racer

Post by K-D » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:03 pm

JayVee wrote:K-D, you are now ducking and weaving like a politician :wink:

Earlier you said
and now you say
K-D wrote:I am not convinced that Ferrari will be 100% reliable in 3 weeks, I am 100% convinced that they have fixed their gearbox problems in 3 weeks.
Kindly read what I write before you comment.
I have made the difference clear by making the font a tad bigger?
JayVee wrote:Then you blame Keisa for the Rubens problems in the race, again the sign of a politician :wink:
I explain why and how I got misled, not really anything sinister in that mam.
JayVee wrote:But the real reason I had to post (despite being top of the world after my stunning 8 'n' Pole result) was this
K-D wrote:I understand that it was a hydraulics problem on Michaels car, however since it placed the car in 4th gear, without the ability to change it, I insist that it was a gearbox issue.
Mate who are you trying to fool ? Insist or otherwise, the problem on Michael's car was a hydraulic pump failure. Todt said it and Michael too. Now if a pump failed surely then you won't be able to change gears but that doesn't not make it a gearbox issue :shock: :shock:
The pump was even a part from the old car and nothing to do with the gearbox
With this logic one can then say that a car retiring when it ran out of fuel had an engine issue. The engine stopped so it is an engine issue.

There were gearbox problems on 1 car only and that was Rubens. You can insist otherwise but you aint fooling me :wink:
Gear stuck in 4th is a gearproblem. When you go shopping next time, try getting the car to speed and then stick it in 3rd, from then on no use of clutch and keep it in 3rd. See if you experience gearproblems. This may be a discussion of cause and effect? :wink: :wink: :lol:

8)
K-D

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:19 pm

K-D wrote: Kindly read what I write before you comment.
I have made the difference clear by making the font a tad bigger?
Mate I can read ..... but let me point out that

A Ferrari is A Car in case you didn't know, Bambino yes but still a car :shock: :shock: :shock: so the second statement contradicts the first statement.
K-D wrote: Gear stuck in 4th is a gearproblem. When you go shopping next time, try getting the car to speed and then stick it in 3rd, from then on no use of clutch and keep it in 3rd. See if you experience gearproblems. This may be a discussion of cause and effect? :wink: :wink: :lol:

8)
I drive a red nimbus and it is Auto 8) :lol: :D

But same as "Engine without fuel is an engineproblem. When you go shopping next time, try getting the car to run out of fuel and then keep pushing the accelerator, from then on. See if you experience engineproblems. This may be a discussion of cause and effect? :roll: :wink: :wink: :lol:

K-D
Racer
Racer

Post by K-D » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:32 pm

Dear JayVee,

You asked if I were convinced that ?a? car could be made reliable in 3 weeks. To which I answered that yes I really were convinced.

?a? car does not mean ?all? cars.

Yes obviously Ferrari is a car.

No I am not 100% convinced that Ferrari will be 100% reliable in 3 weeks. You are holding two separate quotes up against each other, which even though they have same roots, are not truly reflections of statements of the same subject matter.

Since you chose to mesh and weed all my meagre postings, you should ask the questions better.

In regard the San Marino Grand Prix, and the performance of Ferrari there. Please be advised that:

1) I expect that Ferrari will be showing up with cars that will have gotten rid of their gearbox problems.
2) I expect that Bridgestone will supply a tire, that will be competitive through the full race.

Nimbus??? Is that a car?? Reason I ask is that a Danish motorcycle was named a ?Nimbus?, and is now quite a collectors item.

8)
K-D

K-D
Racer
Racer

Post by K-D » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:34 pm

See the logo...

8)
K-D

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:35 pm

Kapel wrote:It was an interesting race at the start,when Michael was putting pressure on Alonso till lap 13,dunno how much fuel was in that Ferrari but it was nice to see someone challenge the flying Alonso.
It seems that Bridgestone went too soft in Bahrain hence the super grippy Ferraris at the start of the race but by midrace the tyres were gone.
Kapel wrote:Mclaren seem to pick up pace once 13-14 laps have go in the race,which is quite sad.
I think it is more a case of the others having tyre/car problems or didn't need to push. de la Rosa got ahead of a few cars that were struggling and he had to push. I am convinced (I hate that word :shock: ) that Alonso could have easily set the fastest lap time if he wanted to but he is a smart chap, he is saving his engine for Imola!!
Kapel wrote:Toyota is a pleasant suprise,but was shock to see the Red Bull behind
Coulthard suffered because of his poor qualifying then he complained!! Too bad for Klien, he may have scored a good result
Kapel wrote:As usual the BBQ party was on at the honda camp :wink: which will help Button move to Williams next year.
Webber drove a good race but i think he over did it.There's a problem definitely somewhere,mayb BMW.As they look to take over Sauber,they seem to be less interested this year.(never know with this F1 politics man)
Doubt that BMW can risk being less interested. They'll be putting 110% effort until the last day. It seems they didn't design their engine to handle such temperature. Lets face it was one of the hottest :wink:
Kapel wrote:Atleast have a 3-way-battle for the championship.
I hope so too but I think the momentum is with Alonso and that will make him stronger than any other. He was unfazed by Michael in qualifying or the first 12 laps. I can't see anything that will. He is even preparing himself for the odd reliability failure. This guy is goooood

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:47 pm

I'm beginning to think that discuss with K-D i sa little bit of non-sense... He coul say that Klien's Karthikeyan and Button problems also where gearbox problems, as they weren able to change beteen gears so it were gearboxes' problems... Yhe point of course is the CAUSE of the failure! if MS couldn't change from 4th gear because of and hidraulics problem.... at least it's clear you're not an engineer!

but i'm sure you'll not change your mind, so would be nice from you to correct www.motorsport.com, as they have:
DNF Michael Schumacher D Ferrari on lap 13 Hydraulics
can you belive it?? they said it was a Hydraulics issue, not a gearbox's issue!!!! and also would be helpfull to call Todt and the Ferrari engineers (poor ignorants) as they thing it was a Hydraulic issue and not a gearbox' one....

Anyway i got it, when a person is so intransigent that become blind to other's argumentations it's hard to discuss.

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:59 pm

K-D comeon!

I never asked, here is the post which you replied to:
K-D wrote:
JayVee wrote:..

I don't think a team can get reliable in 3 weeks without a compromise. Neither can a tyre manufacturer. They will improve no doubt but not dramatically. These are organisations that are running at 99% all the time, I can't see how they can improve faster, in fact when under pressure you tend to stuff up. It is all propoganda nothing more
Remember what Bridgestone said before Bahrain ?...
I am sure and 100% convinced that a car can get reliable in 3 weeks.

8)
I am glad that you are taking a more cautious stand on Ferrari's reliability. Did Ferrari tell you to backtrack so they avoid embarassement :wink:
K-D wrote:Since you chose to mesh and weed all my meagre postings, you should ask the questions better.
Excuse me, I ask the question the way I like, it is up to you to answer
:wink:
K-D wrote:In regard the San Marino Grand Prix, and the performance of Ferrari there. Please be advised that:

1) I expect that Ferrari will be showing up with cars that will have gotten rid of their gearbox problems.
2) I expect that Bridgestone will supply a tire, that will be competitive through the full race.
Sounds like a contract :lol:

Regarding the above, please be advised that :

1) Understood. However there have been cases in the past when reputable teams don't get on top of their "know" problems in 3 weeks
2) Understood but expect that:
a) Bridgestone will supply a tire, that will be so hard that will last the full race but won't be competitve
or
b) Bridgestone will supply a tire, that will be so soft that will last half the race competitvely
Bridgestone cannot simply create a new compound just like that.
They said they've got a competitive tyre in Bahrain after the misery of Malaysia. They didn't

Nimbus :shock: :shock: :shock:
I am a family man :shock: :shock: :shock:
Where to put the kids :shock: :shock: :shock:

K-D
Racer
Racer

Post by K-D » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:07 am

Excuse me, I ask the question the way I like, it is up to you to answer
Thought I was.....

:wink:

8)
K-D

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:25 am

This is my version of the nimbus

K-D
Racer
Racer

Post by K-D » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:27 am

sgd wrote:I'm beginning to think that discuss with K-D i sa little bit of non-sense... He coul say that Klien's Karthikeyan and Button problems also where gearbox problems, as they weren able to change beteen gears so it were gearboxes' problems... Yhe point of course is the CAUSE of the failure! if MS couldn't change from 4th gear because of and hidraulics problem.... at least it's clear you're not an engineer!

but i'm sure you'll not change your mind, so would be nice from you to correct www.motorsport.com, as they have:
DNF Michael Schumacher D Ferrari on lap 13 Hydraulics
can you belive it?? they said it was a Hydraulics issue, not a gearbox's issue!!!! and also would be helpfull to call Todt and the Ferrari engineers (poor ignorants) as they thing it was a Hydraulic issue and not a gearbox' one....

Anyway i got it, when a person is so intransigent that become blind to other's argumentations it's hard to discuss.
I read it the first time as well sgd.. :wink:

Levity and humore. I am hedging my bets, while having fun with the fair JayVee (an anyone who wish to participate).

Yes I know that the hydraulics pump broke. However since I had already proclaimed Ferrari to have 3 gearbox issues, I pounce at the chance the effect of the hudraulics issue had on the gearshifting.

No I am not an engineer. By training I am a freight forwarder, but have not worked as that for the past 8 years. Mostly I try to do as little as possible, while enjoying life on my Castle, walk the dogs and have a good time with spousal unit.

I like F1, and take a keen interest in most aspects of it. My current favorite is Michael Schumacher, whom I think one of the very best ever. I have had many favorites since starting to follow F1 (August 1973!! :shock: ) and my alltime favorite is Keke Rosberg. I freely admit that he was never one of the great ones, and he could arguably be left of a top-20 of all times list. But that will not change me thinking that he was "the best ever" - It is not allways about winning, but about how you go about being a F1 driver as well.

Of other favorites I had 8in no particular order):

Marc Surer
Fernando Alonso
Pierluigi Martini
Ricardo Patrese
Rene Arnoux
Jacques Laffite
Carlos Reutemann
Clay Regazzoni
Michele Alboreto
Eliseo Salazar
Stefan Bellof
Olivier Panis
Andrea de Cesaris

We all should be carefull not to be to "dogmatic" in our views and sentiments, but I think that we should for the most part defend "our driver" to the hilt.

This I will for Michael Schumacher and Ferrari throughout this and all following seasons. I mostly think that I am balanced in my viewpoints, but I am for the most part willing to admit when I am wrong.

During qualifying some comments were made, indicating that Ferrari were (once more according to the poster) using preferential treatment towards Michael Schumacher. I could see that this had to be wrong inmmediatly, and drag a number of examples of "like wise circumstances" forwards.

Regardless of events showing that I was 100% correct, I have seen no retraction of the poster in question. So this poster I can no longer take quite as seriously, but it will not stop me from discussiing with him in the future. If he show me where I am wrong, I have zero problems in admitting to it.

8)
K-D