Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

f1-fan
Getting Started
Getting Started

The Points Irony

Post by f1-fan » Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:11 pm

Hi all,
I have been reading some of the posts on this group. Alot of people are Ferrari haters, but I would not like to fall under either category, I am just a keen observor of the sport. just thought i would get people's attention to the fact that while Ferrari have been behind early in the season, One would expect the usual competition or top-notch teams like McLaren or Williams to be able to cash in that. But sadly, if you see the points table, they are still behind Ferrari. These I think are vital points lost to other teams which might hurt these 2 big-ones if the championship is a close one in the end(which i so hope). It will be interesting to see Ferrari mount a fightback and to see if Schumacher will retire at the end of the season which I think he will if he has a bad time. He has spent too much time on the top and dominating the sport, to be fighting for scraps.

F1-FAN

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:18 pm

Hi! f1-fan, and :welcome:
The problems in those "top-notch teams" are not new (see last year)...What about Renault? you don't expect them to fight for the WC? they at least are cashin' on that aren't they?
Willimas now is slow, and last year was, so no irony there. But with Mclaren it's all Kimi to "blame" for it. he's fast but his error(s?) (stalling and cooking (?) tyres) or bad luck (puncture) did McLaren lose value points and see them behind the F2004 in poins that is in fact ironic and sad. :cry:

But! I think that the way for the F2005 to be F2004-fast is still long, so there's still time for McLaren to go ahead with Renault. Just hoping Kimi will be more lucky in Bahrain and further... :arrow: (Montoya has just 2 races with McLaren (Kimi - 50) and i expect him to improve for the 5 - 6th race...)

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:29 pm

Hello keen observer and :welcome:

I don't think many here are Ferrari haters, there are a few yes but most just don't like the way they run their team :wink: but that's not the topic!

Top notch teams last year were Ferrari, BAR and Renault. This year it is Renault for sure but we don't know who else, McLaren have potential and so do Williams but what about Toyota and Red Bull and even BAR :shock:

McLaren are fast and to be fair to Kimi he only stuffed up in the first race. The tyre problem wasn't his fault but a tyre valve failure.

Williams are improving and will be challenging at the top in a few races time

Ferrari won't recover quickly, the new car will help but they still run Bridgestones :wink:

And Williams is equal to Ferrari while McLaren are just a point behind.

Revisit after Bahrain!
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

f1-fan
Getting Started
Getting Started

thanks for the welcome

Post by f1-fan » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:31 am

Hi guys,
thanks for the warm welcome.
i am happy to hear that people do not hate Ferrari as much as I thought they did. As far as the way they are are run, i think there is a more complex situation related to F1 politics which is totally different ball game.
I just love the way they race at an all new level.

I guess it is good to see alot of teams i.e. BAR, Renault and Toyota (I would still wait to see what Red Bull can do) emerge from also-rans to potential race winners. Great to see some competition for Ferrari.

I guess Williams and McLaren's points were curtailed due to accidents or punctures .. so were Ferrari's. The point still is these are vital points lost. Think about 2003 when they lost by what 2 points .. .

F1-FAN

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:14 am

:welcome: :havefun: Gday F1 fan and welcome, glad you realise that most of us are not ferrari haters ! Hate is a very strong word, as I once posted to Lemon, I dont hate Schuey, I jst dislike him with a savage intensity :lol:I f you look at the history of F1 you will see that the current situation has been replicated many times. We have had ferrari at the top for along winning streak( after a long run of losing) They are now, possibly, on the decline and there will be a seesawing battle amongst the top 3-4 teams over the next couple of years. Unless Renault become the next ferrari for the next nine years!!!! In which case you will find me at the bloody F1 boats :furious: :ROTFLMAO: :burnout: :wave:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

sgd
Racer
Racer

Re: thanks for the welcome

Post by sgd » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:22 am

f1-fan wrote: I guess it is good to see alot of teams i.e. BAR, Renault and Toyota (I would still wait to see what Red Bull can do) emerge from also-rans to potential race winners. Great to see some competition for Ferrari.

I guess Williams and McLaren's points were curtailed due to accidents or punctures .. so were Ferrari's. The point still is these are vital points lost. Think about 2003 when they lost by what 2 points .. .
Yeah, is good to see a lot of teams runing good, it makes the races much rich and interesting I think we all are happy about that! =)

About the points one can only agree with you. is very sad to see Fisich. and Webber out giving away points to...MS... =/ (but not only ;))
Anyway I hope to see close racing till the end of the season, so I don't see these first races as the unique oportunity to finish ahead of ferrari... Ferrari will put his game up but other teams won't be sleeping as well... as said before close race is the best that can happen to us! =) (and after a close race see a Mclaren win and the Bent Faced Bavarian Cheat lose... to me ;))

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:28 pm

julian mayo wrote:They are now, possibly, on the decline and there will be a seesawing battle amongst the top 3-4 teams over the next couple of years. Unless Renault become the next ferrari for the next nine years!!!! In which case you will find me at the bloody F1 boats :furious: :ROTFLMAO: :burnout: :wave:
F1 boats :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Not again, I thought this subject got buried as soon as we saw Bridgestone struggle.

Watching Alonso race is a joy in itself :wink:

And what it Webber dominates :?:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:58 pm

JV, I never want to see any one team dominate for more than one, repeat, one season again. I agree that watching Alonso is a joy, The heretic was aware of my admiration for him last season, but the sport and spectators need turnover at the top for the next few years :!:

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:16 pm

julian mayo wrote:JV, I never want to see any one team dominate for more than one, repeat, one season again. I agree that watching Alonso is a joy, The heretic was aware of my admiration for him last season, but the sport and spectators need turnover at the top for the next few years :!:
Agree with you but I don't mind Alonso breaking Schumacher's records because he'll acheive them without team orders :up:

As long as we have a close season, I think the spectators will enjoy that. I know I will.

But please no F1 boats, oh and MP4s :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:27 pm

so mp4 and 1981 doesn't mean a thing to you huh? :twisted:

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:24 pm

julian mayo wrote:so mp4 and 1981 doesn't mean a thing to you huh? :twisted:
:oops: :oops: big time

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:22 pm

The prosecution rests,.....ADDICT :lol: