16%

Total votes: 25

K-D
Racer
Racer

Post by K-D » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:10 pm

sgd wrote:good! thanks K-D,
About your comments>
that were the fastest times in each race, I didn' t mean outpaced in that way, maybe i used the wrong word... anyway those times are not too much significant as it high depends on strategy...
hardcore becouse RB has been in front of Michael in 5 of those races: won in Italy (Ms-2) he lapped MS in China!, 3 in Brazil (ms - 7) 2nd in Australia, MS - ?(but behind) and in Malaysia MS7 - RB ? (but ahead!)
you see 5 races, only in Japan MS did it better.
anyway. i'm not saying that he is not talented!!!
I was just asking, if he es the better in the world now, why a racer (rubens) which is certanly not the best(in the world now), has done that to him in the last 6 races...
that's it. i don't say that he's not talent!!! I think he is! (i'm sure he was!;))
and i was just wondering: " maybe he was the best driver in F1...?"

in fact here we have TOO little MS fans and the question is for those who think that he's the best driver in the world right now... not about is he talented or not(!!) For me a driver which wins championships with a handicaped teamate is not a champion.
isn't it curious that Rubens began to win after MS won the title?? think about it! why?

N.B this does not aply to you if you think that Rubens:
1.is the best racer in the world.
2.you're ingenuous to think that MS is not the 1 driver in ferrari and doesn't have preferencial treatment. i.e Rubens had not handicaps.
(most inportat is that it seems like without those handicaps Rubens goes faster then MS!)
I can only repeat what I have written several times. I think that Michael Schumacher is currently the best F1 driver in the world.

I also think that Rubens Barichello is a very very very good driver. He is not a natural team leader and he is not a natural WDC prospect, but he could win a WDC were things to come right in a season. He is for example a better F1 driver than Damon Hill. Rubens Barichello is as we all know the second driver at Ferrari, but I do not agree with those who see him being held back. Ferrari is in F1 to win, and were Rubens consistently faster than Michael, then he would be the preferred driver.

Any race ?down the field? place a different strain on drivers and cars, and after a mediocre start Michael was behind Rubens yesterday, but as you could see he was caught up with him when Rubens problems happened, maybe he caught up because of the problems, maybe he caught up because he was racing a little faster than Rubens.

Italy he spun and raced back to a second place podium, not really a poor race by anyone.

China he messed up both in qualifying and again in the race be spinning, a poor weekend by Michael Schumacher.

Japan he won.

Brazil he qualified 18 and finished 7 after a race of mixed weather, racing his sparecar.

Australia he was taken out by Heidfeld, and would have been 7 or 8 classified driver.

Malaysia I call a tie.

No I do not see him being outpaced by Rubens in the last 5 ? 6 races.

All WDC?s are won by the preferred river of a team.

8)
K-D

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:02 am

Thanks K-D, you did your point and I think that we just have to wait a liite and see what will happen in the next 3 - 4 races...
agree? then we retake this question. ok?
will see who is right ;)
(I thing right now there're at least 3 drivers(+ Rubens :lol: ) in this planet slight better than MS.)

N.B: I see spinning worst then going a little bit slower. (even more for a WC!)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:10 am

I believe Alonso is goinng to show us what "best driver" looks like! Schuey is on a par with Webber, and I rate Kimmi ahead of both of them. The rest can go fish :twisted:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:42 am

julian mayo wrote:I believe Alonso is goinng to show us what "best driver" looks like! Schuey is on a par with Webber, and I rate Kimmi ahead of both of them. The rest can go fish :twisted:

:D :D :D :D
funny, but be carefull with Montoya, remember that those was hist 2 first races with Mclaren.... he is still to show up!! ;)

:welcome: back!!

Down_Under_Fan
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by Down_Under_Fan » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:16 am

JayVee wrote:
Exactly, well said Aussie fan :wink: :up:

And :welcome:
Thanks for welcome mate :up: :cheers:
has often come to this forum so finally decided to say something lol.
Great posters=great forum=Great racing :clap: :clap:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:19 am

I still feel that Montoya has a temperament prolem, within the team, and on the track, which affects his undeniable ability :lol:

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:21 pm

julian mayo wrote:I believe Alonso is goinng to show us what "best driver" looks like! Schuey is on a par with Webber, and I rate Kimmi ahead of both of them.
What a change :shock: :shock: :shock:

Downgrading Webber are we ? (sorry if it sounds like a Stock pick!!)

But I fully agree Alonso is BEST but he has shown signs of that last year when he stormed up the field after stuffing up his qualifying

But tells us what you thought of Ralf-Webber then Fisichella-Webber
julian mayo wrote:The rest can go fish :twisted:
Or watch the boats :rolling: :ROTFLMAO: :bouncec: :bouncey: :bounce: :cheers:
:welcome:
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:26 pm

sgd wrote:funny, but be carefull with Montoya, remember that those was hist 2 first races with Mclaren.... he is still to show up!! ;)
It seems Montoya's problems are with the tyres. He need to take care of his tyres early. If he does then he could be a force but so far Kimi is way in front. I know in the championship he is behind but that is because a stall and a puncture!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:36 pm

Ralf and Fisi should go fish :furious:

Byron Forbes
F3 Racer
F3 Racer

Post by Byron Forbes » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:15 pm

Down_Under_Fan wrote:The Webber/Fischi tangle IMO both drivers were at fault.
Webbers-A smart driver would have realised that from where fischi was coming from[on the dirty side]he would have overshot the corner in which Webber would have just had to go on the inside of him[zig zag].
Fischi,s-Should have realised his race was shot because of lack of grip and to go onto the dirty stuff was suicidal.
*Redbull so far are the suprise packetts.good performance by both Coultard and Klien.
If you look at the Webber/Fisi incident you see that Fisi loses the back end at the last moment - no way could anyone anticipate that. However, as Webber gets to know who can be trusted and who cant, your suggested method of assuming they will overshoot might come into use for Webber. Ralf pretty much is a known dodgy driver as is.

Anyway - that's racing in any case! :wink:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:30 pm

:welcome: Byron :cheers: Fair statement, now Webber knows another dodgy driver to go with Ralf :clap: :furious:

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:39 pm

julian and Byron,

The fault Webber made as he is a 'highly rated' driver is that he didn't avoid Fisichella. He said that Fisichella's tyres were gone, so he obviously knew that he didn't have grip so he should have let him through and got him at the next corner or next lap. He didn't think with his head then. Sorry

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:54 pm

Fisi knew his tyres were shot,.he stuffed up! :twisted:

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:30 pm

Yes of course he stuffed up. He could have scored a few points. And had Webber avoided him he too would have scored 6 points and ahead of Heidfeld in the Championship.

Speaking of Heidfeld, I don't think your 0.5 seconds a lap applied in Malaysia. Heidfeld actually caught up with Webber :wink:
He still crushed him in qualifying though :D

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:36 pm

He caught up thanks to Fisi, I think Webber had plenty in hand to hold off Nick :furious: