4%
Raikkonen
16%

Total votes: 25

alonsofan
F3 Tester
F3 Tester

Post by alonsofan » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:48 pm

Woogle wrote:At age 75 perhaps, -> when the rest of the 'drivers' have wheel-chairs & he finally gets to be a passenger in a Ferrari driven around the race tracks by a 90 year old 'Schumi' :D
but what did you think of the race, thats the question, dont be afraid be brave and tell us, dont just make fun of other peoples comments

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:09 pm

About Weber-Fisichela...
Fisichela Guilty!! that was dumb to go that way braking on the dirty side as he knew the grip he had.

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:21 pm

Andre_Brasil wrote:Bridgestone sucked!!
In deed i thing that the F2004 sucks more! cooking tyres and slow speeds!!!
Also suked MShumierda 2 from 2 outpaced by Barichelo this year!!!!! :D :D :lol: :lol:

Woogle
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by Woogle » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:59 pm

alonsofan wrote:
but what did you think of the race, thats the question, dont be afraid be brave and tell us, dont just make fun of other peoples comments
Loved the race, loved the results.
Minardi Rules!

Da style
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Webber is was not in da wrong

Post by Da style » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:23 pm

alonsofan wrote:
fisichella was destroyed, webber and ralf need to learn how to overtake

move over michael, salute the new champion

Well being a ferrari fan I totally disagree with your opinion of webber, webber stayed on the racing line he tried to avoid fissi drifting into him but fissi thought he could use mark as a barrier "WRONG" Fissi had a slower car and should've let mark go simple as that or even better watch the replay at diff angles then u might think different. Micheal will kick butt watch and learn......
DA_STYLE

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:23 pm

Down_Under_Fan wrote:The Webber/Fischi tangle IMO both drivers were at fault.
Webbers-A smart driver would have realised that from where fischi was coming from[on the dirty side]he would have overshot the corner in which Webber would have just had to go on the inside of him[zig zag].
Fischi,s-Should have realised his race was shot because of lack of grip and to go onto the dirty stuff was suicidal.
Exactly, well said Aussie fan :wink: :up:

And :welcome:
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Re: Webber is was not in da wrong

Post by JayVee » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:27 pm

Da style wrote:Well being a ferrari fan ......
Your thoughts on Ferrari's race Da style ?

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:44 pm

A question for MShumierda fans (those how think that he's the best driver in world):
Why here in Malaysia (and in Australia) (and in 5 of the last 6 races) Barichello have outpaced him in such a hardcore way?? looks like a good gift for MS would be a bit of vaseline... :twisted:
in the other hand we all know that Kimi, Alonso, Montoya and maybe many other are faster then Rubens, so....
In fact i think that some of MS's titles are based on a very good car + no teammante. but not in a great masterful race.
so, why? maybe he was the best driver in F1...?
maybe there's a reason i don't know? :roll:

--------
Ayrton Senna - Best racer ever!

K-D
Racer
Racer

Post by K-D » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:09 pm

sgd wrote:A question for MShumierda fans (those how think that he's the best driver in world):
Why here in Malaysia (and in Australia) (and in 5 of the last 6 races) Barichello have outpaced him in such a hardcore way?? looks like a good gift for MS would be a bit of vaseline... :twisted:
in the other hand we all know that Kimi, Alonso, Montoya and maybe many other are faster then Rubens, so....
In fact i think that some of MS's titles are based on a very good car + no teammante. but not in a great masterful race.
maybe there's a reason i don't know? :roll:

--------
I do think that he is the best driver in the world.

But I have no intention justifying your post with a reply. If you ask the questions seriously and in a courteous manner I will.
K-D

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:19 pm

K-D, ok, I'll try, but in fact the question is for those who think he's the best in the world now....Anyway you cn answer if you think you know the answer...

Edited:
-------------------------------
A question for MShumierda fans (those how think that he's the best driver in world):
Why here in Malaysia (and in Australia) (and in 5 of the last 6 races) Barichello have outpaced him in such a hardcore way??
maybe there's a reason i don't know?
--------------------

is that ok? i'm seriuos, really. and courteous, now, i thnink.

--------

K-D
Racer
Racer

Post by K-D » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:52 pm

sgd wrote:K-D, ok, I'll try, but in fact the question is for those who think he's the best in the world now....Anyway you cn answer if you think you know the answer...

Edited:
-------------------------------
Why here in Malaysia (and in Australia) (and in 5 of the last 6 races) Barichello have outpaced him in such a hardcore way??
maybe there's a reason i don't know?
--------------------

is that ok? i'm seriuos, really. and courteous, now, i thnink.

--------
I have no idea why Barichello have ?outpaced? Michael Schumacher the last two races. ? I place ?outpaced? in citation marks as I am not sure we put the same in that word. ?Outpaced? to me is when one driver in a team is clearly faster than the other driver in a race. Since you state 5-6 races I went back and looked the actual times up:

1:36:878 ? RB
1:36:982 ? MS

1:26:233 ? RB
1:26:261 ? MA

1:11:672 ? RB
1:11:763 ? MS

1:32:730 ? RB
1:32:796 ? MS

1:32:455 ? RB
1:32:238 ? MS

1:21:046 ? RB
1:21:361 ? MS

1:45:666 ? RB
1:45:503 ? MS

Adding all of this together then Rubens have been a total of 0,244 faster ? hardly outpacing. And ?hardcore? to me would mean dominate in a way that all can clearly see. I can not.

I do not understand what you mean with your reference to Kimi, Alonso and Montoya ? Is there a question or are you stating an opinion??

I think that all World Championships are won in very good cars. You can not take a bad / poor car and driver it to the World Championship. Some championships are won in cars that are clearly not the best car, and that is where the really good drivers mean something. Michael Schumacher has had a team mate in all his seasons in F1. Actually this is true for all F1 drivers, since it is no longer allowed to have a 1 car team entered in the Championships. Not all races are ?great masterfull races?, and it is not always that you win Championships in a seasons where drive a geat masterfull race. But Michael Schumacher have raced and won several great masterfull races. I have the feeling that you and I disagree in the overall ?greatness? of Michael Schumacher. I do consider him the best driver in F1 currently, but I do not think that you can grade and rate drivers against each other unless they raced against each other for extended periods of time, and therefore I do not think that there is an answer who is ?The greatest ever?.

Obviously the tactic of racing an upgraded F2004 in the first 5 races, are obviously backfireing on Ferrari, and equally obvious Bridgestone are not producing a tire that is as good as the Michelin tires. However Ferrari will most likely introduce the F2005 already in Bahrain, and that alone will get them closer to the sharp end of the grid. Malaysia may be a fluke race, I can still not understand that Toyota could be as strong as they were, and some posts around the world insist that Malaysia is traditionally a ?Michelin track?.

A driver can not win a F1 race without having some talent, and a repeat F1 winner must have quite a bit of it. A driver do not win more than 50% of the races over a 5 year period of time, without being very talented. Even with a preferred status in his team, and even being in the strongest team on the grid. You are welcome to think that he is ?not that great?, but if you think him a hack without talent then you are denying the facts of his career.

A driver winning 13 races in a season, does not suddenly overnight lose his talent in racing a car. So I am sure that we will see Michael Schumacher and Ferrari bounce back already this season. Taking wins, and battling for the championship.

8)
K-D

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:27 pm

Good post K-D,

A few things, the fact that Barrichello outpaced him in 4 out of the last 6 races is a worry. I don't think this has happened before. But is it Barrichello stepping up or Michael slowing down ?

Best currently is a moving target. I would say last year until China he was but since then he hasn't shown that spark. In the first two races of this season Alonso and Raikkonen preformed the best IMHO

They said Melbourne is a fluke race, now Malaysia. Toyota may indeed be suited to Sepang and would struggle at other tracks but Renault were strong in both and McLaren (meaning Kimi) was too.
Or shall we keep calling races fluke until Michael wins :shock: :shock: :wink:

No question Michael is talented, I wish people would say the same about JV :cry:

As for Michael fighting for the championship, it isn't about losing his talent. It is that feeling that you don't want to do it anymore. It was so obvious with Hill but someone with similar talent to Michael is Hakkinen. In 2000 he had 11 first or second finishes. In 2001 he was nowhere

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:32 pm

good! thanks K-D,
About your comments>
that were the fastest times in each race, I didn' t mean outpaced in that way, maybe i used the wrong word... anyway those times are not too much significant as it high depends on strategy...
hardcore becouse RB has been in front of Michael in 5 of those races: won in Italy (Ms-2) he lapped MS in China!, 3 in Brazil (ms - 7) 2nd in Australia, MS - ?(but behind) and in Malaysia MS7 - RB ? (but ahead!)
you see 5 races, only in Japan MS did it better.
anyway. i'm not saying that he is not talented!!!
I was just asking, if he es the better in the world now, why a racer (rubens) which is certanly not the best(in the world now), has done that to him in the last 6 races...
that's it. i don't say that he's not talent!!! I think he is! (i'm sure he was!;))
and i was just wondering: " maybe he was the best driver in F1...?"

in fact here we have TOO little MS fans and the question is for those who think that he's the best driver in the world right now... not about is he talented or not(!!) For me a driver which wins championships with a handicaped teamate is not a champion.
isn't it curious that Rubens began to win after MS won the title?? think about it! why?

N.B this does not aply to you if you think that Rubens:
1.is the best racer in the world.
2.you're ingenuous to think that MS is not the 1 driver in ferrari and doesn't have preferencial treatment. i.e Rubens had not handicaps.
(most inportat is that it seems like without those handicaps Rubens goes faster then MS!)

K-D
Racer
Racer

Post by K-D » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:43 pm

Good post K-D, - I agree :wink:

A few things, the fact that Barrichello outpaced him in 4 out of the last 6 races is a worry. I don't think this has happened before. But is it Barrichello stepping up or Michael slowing down ? - I don't know that it really is anything to worry about. If the trend continue, then yes MS is slowing down, I just do not see that yet.

Best currently is a moving target. I would say last year until China he was but since then he hasn't shown that spark. In the first two races of this season Alonso and Raikkonen preformed the best IMHO - Basically agree with that.

They said Melbourne is a fluke race, now Malaysia. Toyota may indeed be suited to Sepang and would struggle at other tracks but Renault were strong in both and McLaren (meaning Kimi) was too.
Or shall we keep calling races fluke until Michael wins :shock: :shock: :wink: - No no not at all. As I wrote ferrari is where Ferrari made a bed for themselves, obvioulsy a bad move to stick with the 2004 car into the 5th race of the 2005 season. I expect that Ferrari will introduce the F2005 at Bahrain, and I expect Bridegstone to cook up some better tires. I do NOT use Bridgestone tires, or F2004M as an excuse for Ferrari's relatively poor showin in 2005. I do use it as an explanation, as I just wrote Ferrari and Bridegstone made the bed, and made out tremendously, so they will suffer together as well. it is part of what F1 is about. The only "flukeness" that I am looking for in Malaysia is how in the world Toyota could be so strong. All the other teams more or less perform as I predicted before the season (on another forum).

No question Michael is talented, I wish people would say the same about JV :cry: - I will explain how he is VERY talented, if you start a thread about the reason for him not really performing sofar.

As for Michael fighting for the championship, it isn't about losing his talent. It is that feeling that you don't want to do it anymore. It was so obvious with Hill but someone with similar talent to Michael is Hakkinen. In 2000 he had 11 first or second finishes. In 2001 he was nowhere - I know, and I may have to agree later this season, but right now I really don't think so. I think that MS will walk away WDC. If he does not win thise season, he will absolutely 100% sure be back in 2006, 2007, 2008 until he wins another WDC.
K-D

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:55 pm

You are very upbeat on Michael :wink: (I used to be very upbeat on JV until year 4 I think at BAR :evil: )

I will start a thread on JV, just waiting for an announcement from Sauber :evil:
K-D wrote:I know, and I may have to agree later this season, but right now I really don't think so. I think that MS will walk away WDC. If he does not win thise season, he will absolutely 100% sure be back in 2006, 2007, 2008 until he wins another WDC.
IMHO - If he does not win this season, he will absolutely 100% sure retire :D