2007 Silly Season (It has begun)

All about MotoGP Racing

Moderators: Ed, <T-K>

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:11 am

<T-K> wrote:Stoner reportedly approached his current team boss Lucio Cecchinello with a demand for $2.5 million to stick with LCR for 2007.......His demands were met with hushed whispers and a loud laugh from the back of the room.

With Ducati apparently negotiating to reinlist both their current riders, and after being turned down by yamaha......Stoner may be out of a ride for 2007..... :shock:
How come Yamaha approched him with open cheque book..........n now you say he has been turned down by them ?????????
What is going on out there TK ???????? :shock:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:56 am

T'is definitely the "silly" season :?
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:16 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
<T-K> wrote:Stoner reportedly approached his current team boss Lucio Cecchinello with a demand for $2.5 million to stick with LCR for 2007.......His demands were met with hushed whispers and a loud laugh from the back of the room.

With Ducati apparently negotiating to reinlist both their current riders, and after being turned down by yamaha......Stoner may be out of a ride for 2007..... :shock:
How come Yamaha approched him with open cheque book..........n now you say he has been turned down by them ?????????

Here is the actual story that I read...
After being turned down by Yamaha, Stoner reportedly approached his current team boss Lucio Cecchinello with a demand for $2.5 million to resign with LCR for 2007, a demand which Cecchinello was unable, or unwilling, to meet. Similar approaches to Ducati have so far met with little reward, as the factory from Bologna are currently engaged in negotiations with Loris Capirossi for 2007, who is seeking a $4 million deal, similar to Sete Gibernau's contract, leaving Ducati with room for maneuver with Stoner.

This leaves Stoner without a ride for 2007 so far, and, by overplaying his hand so strongly in negotiatons, with little chance of a ride, unless he were to move to Kawasaki to replace Shinya Nakano, who is rumored to be moving to Konica Minolta Honda for next season. Stoner would have to moderate his wage demands a good deal to make that happen, though.
http://blogger.xs4all.nl/daisy/archive/ ... 17704.aspx

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:38 pm

<T-K> wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:

Here is the actual story that I read...
After being turned down by Yamaha, Stoner reportedly approached his current team boss Lucio Cecchinello with a demand for $2.5 million to resign with LCR for 2007, a demand which Cecchinello was unable, or unwilling, to meet. Similar approaches to Ducati have so far met with little reward, as the factory from Bologna are currently engaged in negotiations with Loris Capirossi for 2007, who is seeking a $4 million deal, similar to Sete Gibernau's contract, leaving Ducati with room for maneuver with Stoner.

This leaves Stoner without a ride for 2007 so far, and, by overplaying his hand so strongly in negotiatons, with little chance of a ride, unless he were to move to Kawasaki to replace Shinya Nakano, who is rumored to be moving to Konica Minolta Honda for next season. Stoner would have to moderate his wage demands a good deal to make that happen, though.
:shock:

TK, that is a bloggers site :shock:

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:41 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
<T-K> wrote: Here is the actual story that I read...

:shock:

TK, that is a bloggers site :shock:
Yeah...I know.....but the facts came from an Italian Motrcycle Website (Motograndprix.it)

And the Person who wrote it up is a credible MotoGP journalist.....

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:48 pm

Although my Italian does need a bit of work 8) :lol:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:49 pm

<T-K> wrote:Although my Italian does need a bit of work 8) :lol:
Well, put her to work 8)

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:59 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
Well, put her to work 8)

:rolling: :ROTFLMAO: :rolling: :ROTFLMAO: :rolling: :ROTFLMAO: :up:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:52 pm

<T-K> wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
Well, put her to work 8)

:rolling: :ROTFLMAO: :rolling: :ROTFLMAO: :rolling: :ROTFLMAO: :up:
"Her" being, of course, a euphanism for the language 8)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:56 pm

TK, (a trade secret, shhhhh) if you log on to Stoners website, you can get 2 newsletters a week :wink:

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:38 pm

Hiroshi Aoyama may move to Tech 3 next season....

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:04 pm

<T-K> wrote:Hiroshi Aoyama may move to Tech 3 next season....
i thought he would move to pedal cars :shock:

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:56 pm

Reports from Europe indicate that Fausto Gresini has succeeded in re-signing triple 2006 MotoGP race winner Marco Melandri for the 2007 season.

Melandri had been targeted by the factory Ducati team to ride alongside fellow Italian Loris Capirossi, but Gresini matched Ducati's 3 million Euro offer - thus keeping the 24-year-old on a Honda - despite the fact that current title sponsor Fortuna is expected to leave at the end of the season.

http://www.crash.net

This means that Gibernau may get to keep his seat at Ducati :)
Last edited by <T-K> on Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:23 pm

Eurosport TV is reporting that Max Biaggi has signed with Kawasaki for 2007, despite already being contracted by Alstare Corona Suzuki for next year. I haven't been able to find confirmation yet, but If I do, I'll post a link.

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:31 pm

Toseland to either Team KR or d'Antin Ducati, but definitely leaving Ten Kate Honda.

Tamada one candidate to take Toseland's place at Ten Kate.

HRC to announce plans for 2007 after Valencia: Pedrosa to stay for sure, Hayden "99.9%" certain to stay at HRC.

Dovizioso linked with Fortuna Honda
Last edited by <T-K> on Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.