2007 Silly Season (It has begun)

All about MotoGP Racing

Moderators: Ed, <T-K>

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

2007 Silly Season (It has begun)

Post by <T-K> » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:19 am

AMA's Ben Spies is highly likely to get a GP ride most likely replacing Colin Edwards at Yamaha.

Other than the ride at Yamaha, here are the other options..

- Replace Gibernau at Ducati
- Replace Nakano at Kawasaki
- Pons (running ilmor engines)
- Replace Hayden at Honda

Shinya Nakano is said to be leaving Kawasaki to go to Yamaha...

Alex Hoffman is rumoured to be off to the new BMW factory team should they confirm their entry into next season

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:37 am

Hayden is looking for another seat 8)
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:45 am

Casey Stoner could partner world motorcycle champion Valentino Rossi next season.

The Yamaha factory team is accelerating moves to sign the young MotoGP star in bid to have him race as teammate to Rossi in 2007.

And as Yamaha moves to try to snatch Stoner away from arch-rival Honda, it has been confirmed that Ducati has joined the race to sign the young gun Australian.

http://www.Foxsports.com

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:48 am

<T-K> wrote:Casey Stoner could partner world motorcycle champion Valentino Rossi next season.

The Yamaha factory team is accelerating moves to sign the young MotoGP star in bid to have him race as teammate to Rossi in 2007.

And as Yamaha moves to try to snatch Stoner away from arch-rival Honda, it has been confirmed that Ducati has joined the race to sign the young gun Australian.

Rossi is fighting tooth n nail not to have Stoner in the team :evil:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:49 am

The source of that information is a mulitple Australian Superbike winner (with Ducati)

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:57 am

Julian Mayo wrote:
<T-K> wrote:Casey Stoner could partner world motorcycle champion Valentino Rossi next season.

He is worried that Stoner will leave him looking like a kid on a tricycle...

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:59 am

<T-K> wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:

He is worried that Stoner will leave him looking like a kid on a tricycle...
Stoner would break your billycart for a comment like that.......til 2008 8)

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:55 am

Take a look at this...........a Porsche MotoGP 800cc machine for 2007......

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:11 am

A new rumour has popped up that Casey Stoner may be taking Gibernau's spot at Ducati next year.....

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:20 am

It is also being said that Nicky Hayden is fed up with the Repsol Honda outfit because they place "too much emphasis on the machine and not enough on the rider"

He may be following in the footsteps of Valentino, and may well jump ship for the Camel Yamaha team in 2007....

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:41 am

<T-K> wrote:A new rumour has popped up that Casey Stoner may be taking Gibernau's spot at Ducati next year.....
Stoner will be in the "Rossi" Yammy team in '07.
Why?...........cos Rossi is one of the very few non Australians in the team.
JB is one of the shrewdest operators out there, and worth more to Yamaha than Rossi. Three to four weeks ago Rossi said " no way Casey in the team"
JB said" you win the Ch'ship n we will talk".
Stoner will ride a Yammy in '07.
:wink:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:42 am

<T-K> wrote:It is also being said that Nicky Hayden is fed up with the Repsol Honda outfit because they place "too much emphasis on the machine and not enough on the rider"

He may be following in the footsteps of Valentino, and may well jump ship for the Camel Yamaha team in 2007....
oops, forgot to say what I said in the post below,......which will now be above :shock:
or not :shock: :shock:
Last edited by Julian Mayo on Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:55 am

<T-K> wrote:It is also being said that Nicky Hayden is fed up with the Repsol Honda outfit because they place "too much emphasis on the machine and not enough on the rider"

Nick started looking for an '07 ride about 10 weeks ago. The team told him that even if he wins the ch'ship he will be No2 to his team-mate next year.
I am impressed by Nicks rides since. He gets all the experimental bits in FP 1 n 2 n only gets to say what he wants in Qual. His team mate gets to select from what Nick has been developing. To me it has a certain F1 red colour about it. IE. how can we sell more Bikes to the public :?: ....... :idea: Put a reder of a certain nationality on our Bike, win the ch'ship....penetrate our weakest market
A la that red F1 (fiat) team up against Merc, n BMW road cars in Europe.
Bloody bean counters. :evil:

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:52 am

Julian Mayo wrote: Nick started looking for an '07 ride about 10 weeks ago. The team told him that even if he wins the ch'ship he will be No2 to his team-mate next year.
It is total bollocks......the second I read that i was up in arms......
If there was ever a way to dampen someones confidence and get them looking for another ride...that is it.....

Julian Mayo wrote: I am impressed by Nicks rides since. He gets all the experimental bits in FP 1 n 2 n only gets to say what he wants in Qual. His team mate gets to select from what Nick has been developing. To me it has a certain F1 red colour about it.

Persackly (couldnt help it)........Someone needs to walk over to Repsol Honda headquarters and give 'em a good ole fashioned knock on the head...... :crush:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:33 am

<T-K> wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote: Nick started looking for an '07 ride about 10 weeks ago. The team told him that even if he wins the ch'ship he will be No2 to his team-mate next year.
It is total bollocks......the second I read that i was up in arms......
If there was ever a way to dampen someones confidence and get them looking for another ride...that is it.....

Julian Mayo wrote: I am impressed by Nicks rides since. He gets all the experimental bits in FP 1 n 2 n only gets to say what he wants in Qual. His team mate gets to select from what Nick has been developing. To me it has a certain F1 red colour about it.

Persackly (couldnt help it)........Someone needs to walk over to Repsol Honda headquarters and give 'em a good ole fashioned knock on the head...... :crush:
Lead on........... 8)