2006 MotoGP of Assen - (Hayden Wins) Your Thoughts?

All about MotoGP Racing

Moderators: Ed, <T-K>

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:53 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
jacfan wrote:Actually there are more drivers I like than don't like. However I am not a big fan of John Bowe. Greg Murphy can sometimes be a bit of winger. :roll:

Hmmmmm, of the drivers, Bowe reminds me most of JV
Really :?: :?: :?: :?: What :?: how :?: why :?: :shock: :?
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:42 pm

jacfan wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
jacfan wrote:Actually there are more drivers I like than don't like. However I am not a big fan of John Bowe. Greg Murphy can sometimes be a bit of winger. :roll:

Attitude, thinking outside the square, speed, professionalism........and having a life outside motor racing. Despite being one of the fastest single seater drivers this country has ever seen, John put family obligations first.
I expect him to release a dvd any day now......."I got paid to Have Fun"
Why........he got smashed into a wall at +200kmh by another driver a couple of years ago.........was helped out of the inverted car........got a clearance from the medicos.........was interviewed......said, and I quote....."Hey, I don't think he mean't it"......cos the TV guys were trying to beat it up.
I don't have a particular V8 driver that i am a fan of......hell they are all slower than me 8) ......Bowe is one I do admire foe the fact that I have never heard him blame someone else.......not pit crew, engineers........etc.
The worst I have heard him say, after being taken out 3 times early on in 3 races was......."I wish these guys would stop trying to win every race on the first lap 8)
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:27 am

Heres how they will line up for tomorrows race....

Qualifying Times:

1 - John Hopkins ~ 1':36.411
2 - Shinya Nakano ~ 1'36.424
3 - Colin Edwards ~ 1'36.755
4 - Nicky Hayden ~ 1'36.758
5 - Dani Pedrosa ~ 1'36.993
6 - Chris Vermulen ~ 1'37.077
7 - Marco Melandri ~ 1'37.332
8 - Carlos Checa ~ 1'37.378
9 - Alex Hofmann ~ 1'37.399
10 - Kenny Roberts ~ 1'37.528
11 - Randy de Puniet ~ 1'37.556
12 - Casey Stoner ~ 1'37.660
13 - Makoto Tamada ~ 1'37.676
14 - James Ellison ~ 1'38.055
15 - Loris Capirossi ~ 1'38.060
16 -Jose Luis Cardoso 1'39.406
17 - Ivan Silva ~ 1'39.496
18 - Valentino Rossi ~ 1'40.298

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:29 am

Capirossi will be racing despite a pain he describes as "like being stabbed in the chest" :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:38 am

<T-K> wrote:Capirossi will be racing despite a pain he describes as "like being stabbed in the chest" :shock:
He has never been stabbed in the chest then........it feels as if you have been hit in the knee......the brain does funny things to keep itself alive at the expense of the body...........or is that just mine :shock:

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:41 am

Julian Mayo wrote:
<T-K> wrote:Capirossi will be racing despite a pain he describes as "like being stabbed in the chest" :shock:
He has never been stabbed in the chest then........it feels as if you have been hit in the knee......the brain does funny things to keep itself alive at the expense of the body...........or is that just mine :shock:

And vise versa?? 8)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:11 am

<T-K> wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:

And vise versa?? 8)
de brain is de boss 8)

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:30 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
:cry: Who stabbed you in the chest? And why? :cry:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:57 pm

jacfan wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
:cry: Who stabbed you in the chest? And why? :cry:
a Fella. Cos he could. :cry:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:31 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
jacfan wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:

Attitude, thinking outside the square, speed, professionalism........and having a life outside motor racing. Despite being one of the fastest single seater drivers this country has ever seen, John put family obligations first.
I expect him to release a dvd any day now......."I got paid to Have Fun"
Why........he got smashed into a wall at +200kmh by another driver a couple of years ago.........was helped out of the inverted car........got a clearance from the medicos.........was interviewed......said, and I quote....."Hey, I don't think he mean't it"......cos the TV guys were trying to beat it up.
I don't have a particular V8 driver that i am a fan of......hell they are all slower than me 8) ......Bowe is one I do admire foe the fact that I have never heard him blame someone else.......not pit crew, engineers........etc.
The worst I have heard him say, after being taken out 3 times early on in 3 races was......."I wish these guys would stop trying to win every race on the first lap 8)
:oops: :oops: Maybe I am not thinking of the right person. I will have to check my statement. Whoever I was thinking of was a real winger but that was quite a few years ago and I'm now confused about what his name was.

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:32 pm

That is awful. :shock: You must certainly lead an adventure filled life.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:25 pm

jacfan wrote:That is awful. :shock: You must certainly lead an adventure filled life.
led :cry:

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:10 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

That has got to be THE craziest finish to any MotoGP race that I can remember!!!!!!

Well done to hayden though, he rode very well.....

Very Very cruel twist of fate for Colin Edwards, he must be gutted to lose it on the final corner ......lucky Hayden held it together :wink:
Almost had two Americans on the podium mfer :wink:

And also a great ride by Nakano......a good second place!!!!

Top marks for Rossi! to have come in in eigth place with his injuries is truely commendable.......

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:07 am

<T-K> wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

That has got to be THE craziest finish to any MotoGP race that I can remember!!!!!!
It was a bit mad wasn't it! What I would like to know is why did they French Connection UK the circuit up and immasculate it? :evil:
Because obviously it is now more dangerous than ever before and all the really good bits are gone. :oops:
Who makes these decisions? And why doesn't anybody stand up for the best damned maxim of all time "If it ain't broke don't fix it" :x
Lewis Hamilton & Jenson Button World Champions :)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:26 am

Snowy wrote:
<T-K> wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

It was a bit mad wasn't it! What I would like to know is why did they French Connection UK the circuit up and immasculate it? :evil:
Because obviously it is now more dangerous than ever before and all the really good bits are gone. :oops:
Who makes these decisions? And why doesn't anybody stand up for the best damned maxim of all time "If it ain't broke don't fix it" :x
Okay Snowy, out with it ! What wasn't broke, in what manner, and why, did you try to fix it ? :roll: