2006 MotoGP of China (Pedrosa Wins) Your Thoughts?

All about MotoGP Racing

Moderators: Ed, <T-K>

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

2006 MotoGP of China (Pedrosa Wins) Your Thoughts?

Post by <T-K> » Tue May 09, 2006 6:44 am

The MotoGP of China, Hosted at the Modern Shanghai international circuit, held its first MotoGP race last year in 2005, but has already become known as one of the most impressive race venues on earth...

With an equal number of right and left turns, as well as one of the longest straights on any circuit, this track provides for some very exciting racing, with many overtaking points....

Circuit: Shanghai international Circuit
Pole Position: Left
First Turn: Long Curve Right
Length: 5281m
Longest Straight: 1202m
Left Turns: 7
Right Turns: 7
Width: 14m

Previous Winner: Valentino Rossi
Last edited by <T-K> on Wed May 17, 2006 7:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Tue May 09, 2006 6:45 am

Schedule (Local Time)

Friday, 12 May:

09:00 - 09:45 ~ 125cc Free Practice 1
10:00 - 11:00 ~ MotoGP Free Practice 1
11:15 - 12:15 ~ 250cc Free Practice 1
13:15 - 13:45 ~ 125cc Qualifying 1
14:00 - 15:00 ~ MotoGP Free Practice 2
15:15 - 16:00 ~ 250cc Qualifying 1

Saturday 13 May:

09:00 - 09:45 ~ 125cc Free Practice 2
10:00 - 11:00 ~ MotoGP Free Practice 3
11:15 - 12:15 ~ 250cc Free Practice 2
13:15 - 13:45 ~ 125cc Qualifying 2
14:00 - 15:00 ~ MotoGP Qualifying
15:15 - 16:00 ~ 250cc Qualifying 2

Sunday 14 May:

08:45 - 09:05 ~ 125cc Warm Up
09:15 - 09:35 ~ 250cc Warm Up
09:45 - 10:05 ~ MotoGP Warm Up
12:00 ~ 125cc Main Race
13:15 ~ 250cc Main Race
15:00 ~ MotoGP Main Race

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Tue May 09, 2006 6:52 am

Somehow I cant help but wonder.......will Rossi be able to win here for the second year in a row.....my answer: I doubt it......

Rossi is not on top of his game this year, maybe he is like Shumacher last year, and having a Not so great year, or maybe he is just playing with the guys..... not a chance..... he is a winner, and will give his all to win...unfortunately for him though, his all is not good enough this year.......and what do I say about his lack of performance? :::: :woohoo:

> Hayden
> Melandri
> Pedrosa

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Tue May 09, 2006 9:00 am

Hayden
Pedrosa
Capirossi
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Wed May 10, 2006 6:33 pm

Fortuna Honda team are looking forward to this race, and feel that they are in a string position after Melandri's win on his last outing in Turkey.......

Marco Melandri:
I am going to China feeling fully charged after that great win in Istanbul and the fantastic job done by the team. As in Istanbul, the track in Shanghai last year was also to my liking straight away...So I'm feeling relaxed, I feel good and I know that we'll be starting out with a good base set-up. I am ready for another evenly-contested race. The front straight is really long and it should be really good fun to watch.

The circuit of china is also a happy hunting ground for Toni Elias...

Toni Elias:
I really like the Shanghai circuit, Last year I got a good feeling from it virtually straight away...I was doing well in the wet, I was third when for a mistake on the starting grid i had to do a ride through loosing important positions...I really like the bike we have I know we have a good base set-up and I hope we can put the experience I have gained over these first few races into good use, and come out with a good result.

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Wed May 10, 2006 6:34 pm

I am going to China feeling fully charged after that great win in Istanbul and the fantastic job done by the team. As in Istanbul, the track in Shanghai last year was also to my liking straight away...So I'm feeling relaxed, I feel good and I know that we'll be starting out with a good base set-up. I am ready for another evenly-contested race. The front straight is really long and it should be really good fun to watch.

So it looks like we are not the only ones that were fed up with Rossi's dominance :lol:

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Fri May 12, 2006 9:17 am

<T-K> wrote: So it looks like we are not the only ones that were fed up with Rossi's dominance :lol:
Rossi is now on the horns of a dilema! :twisted: With Daney and Casey on his case if he goes to Formula 1 everyone will say he dodged the real challengers to his crown! :shock: He himself thrives on challenges so might well be inclined to stay and try to compete with these upstarts! :twisted:

Personally I hope he stays and they keep beating him because that will give everybody best value and credibility :wink:
Lewis Hamilton & Jenson Button World Champions :)

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Sat May 13, 2006 8:30 am

Rossi fastest in wet practice?!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Sat May 13, 2006 6:43 pm

Rookie Dani Pedrosa has taken his first ever MotoGP pole (by a third of a second) :shock: :shock: :shock: :P

Dani was helped by his top-speed enhancing stature, setting an incredible 212.8mph (342.5 km/h) along the huge back straight.

This is how they line up

1. Pedrosa
2. Hopkins
3. Edwards 8) :shock:
4. Nakano
5. Hayden
6. Gibernau
7. Stoner :shock: :shock: :shock:
8. Melandri :x :shock: :shock:
9. de Puniet
10. Capirossi
11. Tamada
12. Vermeulen
13. Rossi :shock: :shock: :shock:
14. Checa
15. Elias
16. Hofmann
17. Ellison
18. Roberts
19. Cardoso

Should be a good race, perhaps there will be more rain though which is not so good perhaps :roll: :roll: :roll: :wink:

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Sat May 13, 2006 9:40 pm

Snowy wrote:Rookie Dani Pedrosa has taken his first ever MotoGP pole (by a third of a second) :shock: :shock: :shock: :P

Dani was helped by his top-speed enhancing stature, setting an incredible 212.8mph (342.5 km/h) along the huge back straight.

This is how they line up

1. Pedrosa
2. Hopkins
3. Edwards 8) :shock:
4. Nakano
5. Hayden
6. Gibernau
7. Stoner :shock: :shock: :shock:
8. Melandri :x :shock: :shock:
9. de Puniet
10. Capirossi
11. Tamada
12. Vermeulen
13. Rossi :shock: :shock: :shock:
14. Checa
15. Elias
16. Hofmann
17. Ellison
18. Roberts
19. Cardoso

Should be a good race, perhaps there will be more rain though which is not so good perhaps :roll: :roll: :roll: :wink:

Thanks Snowy..... :wave:

Sorry I couldnt get the info out in time........I didnt have access to the internet from 4pm yesterday, until now......... :(

Could be a first win for Pedrosa here.... :woohoo:

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Sat May 13, 2006 11:15 pm

<T-K> wrote: Thanks Snowy..... :wave:

Sorry I couldnt get the info out in time........I didnt have access to the internet from 4pm yesterday, until now......... :(

Here's hoping. :D I think Casey and Julian would be a little upset. so lets hope it's just a competitive, entertaining battle, with everyone from Rossi to Marco in the mix as well as these young guns! Not that Marco's that old! Sete was going well in the wet :roll: so if it rains there might be some reward in that. So many potential winners so many talented guys! :shock: :D If only F1 were like this :twisted: :wave:

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Sat May 13, 2006 11:42 pm

Snowy wrote:
<T-K> wrote: Thanks Snowy..... :wave:

Here's hoping. :D I think Casey and Julian would be a little upset. so lets hope it's just a competitive, entertaining battle, with everyone from Rossi to Marco in the mix as well as these young guns! Not that Marco's that old! Sete was going well in the wet :roll: so if it rains there might be some reward in that. So many potential winners so many talented guys! :shock: :D If only F1 were like this :twisted: :wave:

Yup Yup.......but Sete has always been very good in the wet, and from what I have seen so far this year, Casey Stoner isnt too bad at riding a wet track either....

Gonna be a very close race, there are at least 5 different guys that have a chance at the win here....no...wait, I think that anyone in the top 10 has a shot at it.....and Rossi from 13th :wink:

I am hoping that one of the new boys will take it thoug....fingers crossed, and the rabbits foot is in my pocket...(dont worry, its not from your bunny :wink: :P )

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Sun May 14, 2006 3:10 am

<T-K> wrote:
I am hoping that one of the new boys will take it thoug....fingers crossed, and the rabbits foot is in my pocket...(dont worry, its not from your bunny :wink: :P )
Yipes! I hope he died of natural causes GG gets really upset about things like that. :oops:

Do you think Rossi is distracted by something? The Cowboy shouldn't be out qualifying him should he? :roll: :shock:

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Sun May 14, 2006 5:09 am

Snowy wrote:
<T-K> wrote:
Yipes! I hope he died of natural causes GG gets really upset about things like that. :oops:

Do you think Rossi is distracted by something? The Cowboy shouldn't be out qualifying him should he? :roll: :shock:
Natural....ish..... :wink: (Hit by a falling rock) 8)

Maybe he caught sight of one of the grid girls on the big screen as he was exiting the final turn, and the back end slipped out a little.....and voila...13th on the grid 8)

Its nice to dream though :lol:

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Sun May 14, 2006 6:11 pm

What a great result for Dani Pedrosa :D 8) A truelly fantastic race :P Casey made a great recovery from an off road excusion. Now I've got to go GP2 race two has just started!!!!!
Nicki :D 8)
Colin :P :shock:
Rossi :oops: :shock: