needs screwing, does he ?
I thought Rossi had already done that. :ROTFLMAO:

:shock: ............. :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :up:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:28 am

Max Biaggi may be back in MotoGP next year with a satellite Ducati MotoGP ride.
This is the latest rumoured destination for his 2007 bid, according to reports in the Spanish press.....

Biaggi's other GP options include a ride for one of the new teams intending to enter the championship, with the Ilmor/Suter project top of the list. Any such team would welcome Biaggi's experience, profile and commercial appeal although Max would need to realize that gaining points, rather than podiums are likely to be the initial target......

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:23 am

Australia has secured the Phillip Isle round til 2011
:clap: :clap: :clap: :cheers:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:30 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:Australia has secured the Phillip Isle round til 2011
:clap: :clap: :clap: :cheers:
I had heard that and it is great news. :clap: :clap: :cheers: :cheers:
I have been to the track but not when the gp is on. We were thinking of going this year but I think it might have to be next year now.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:43 pm

Bayliss to fill in for Gibernau at Valencia

According to the above article, 2006 World Superbike champion Troy Bayliss will replace Sete Gibernau for the upcoming 2006 MotoGP season finale at Valencia. If I'm not mistaken, didn't Bayliss ride for Ducati a few years back in MotoGP before going to Superbike?
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:00 pm

mlittle wrote:Bayliss to fill in for Gibernau at Valencia

According to the above article, 2006 World Superbike champion Troy Bayliss will replace Sete Gibernau for the upcoming 2006 MotoGP season finale at Valencia. If I'm not mistaken, didn't Bayliss ride for Ducati a few years back in MotoGP before going to Superbike?
Last year......he is the first to say that he cannot get comfortable with the Motogp techno bits....so he went n rode a Ducati Superbike this year and kinda nonchantly popped the World Ch'ship in his pcket with a couple of rounds to go :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:45 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
mlittle wrote:Bayliss to fill in for Gibernau at Valencia

Last year......he is the first to say that he cannot get comfortable with the Motogp techno bits....so he went n rode a Ducati Superbike this year and kinda nonchantly popped the World Ch'ship in his pcket with a couple of rounds to go :shock:
Last year meaning the 2004/05 season.....heh heh :oops:
It will be almost 2 years since He was on a MotoGP bike, and the Ducatis were not on Bridgestones :shock: Lets hope they have a "slidey" durable tyre. On the other hand Bayliss could be sitting at home taking instruction from Jeremy Burgess in the black art of being a Ninja, while pocketing heaps of dosh from Honda and learning all about the Divine Wind Spirit 8)

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:08 am

Valentino Rossi's latest four-wheel outing has seen the five-times MotoGP world champion test Mika Hakkinen's DTM Mercedes.

The 27-year-old Italian, who was denied his sixth consecutive MotoGP title by Nicky Hayden at the Valencia season finale, drove the German touring car at Hockenheim on Thursday setting 'consistently fast lap times'...

Valentino Rossi:
The test was great fun, The AMG-Mercedes C-Class is an impressive race car which can almost be driven like a formula car. I don't know yet if I will ever race on four wheels; however, it is good to know that I wouldn't look so bad doing so, and I thank Mercedes-Benz for this opportunity.
crash.net

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:45 am

Doesnt this chap ever give up? :?

Crash.net wrote:Valentino Rossi has revealed that he will use his outing on the Rally New Zealand this weekend in order to gauge whether or not he has 'good potential' to do rallying full-time in the future.

Speaking prior to the start of the penultimate round of the 2006 FIA World Rally Championship, only his second outing in the WRC, the Italian added that his main aim is to enjoy himself and to get to the finish in his privately entered 2005-spec Subaru Impreza - something he failed to do on the Rally GB back in 2002, when he crashed out after just 17 kilometres.

Rossi:
I already have some small experience with the Subaru and last year I raced at Monza, but it was not a real rally," he said. "I had a test in Wales last week to understand the car but the real test is tomorrow [Friday] to cover some kilometres in the car and understand it. The first target is to have fun and reach the end.

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:34 am

Leading MotoGP test times from day one(Wednesday) of the Sepang test, which is being attended by Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki and Kawasaki teams.

Ducati has chosen not to attend the test, while Repsol Honda's Dani Pedrosa and Gresini Honda's Marco Melandri are both absent after recent arm surgery. Seven-times world champion Valentino Rossi is also not present - as he is driving in this weekend's New Zealand round of the World Rally Championship.

1 - Colin Edwards ~ Camel Yamaha Team = 2'03.56
2 - Chris Vermeulen ~ Rizla Suzuki MotoGP = 2'03.90
3 - John Hopkins ~ Rizla Suzuki MotoGP = 2'04.00
4 - Olivier Jacque ~ Kawasaki Racing Team (990cc) = 2'04.08
5 - Nicky Hayden ~ Repsol Honda Team = 2'04.69
6 - Toni Elias ~ Fortuna Honda = 2'05.02
7 - Makoto Tamada ~ Tech 3 Yamaha (990cc) = 2'05.11
8 - Tady Okada ~ Honda = 2'05.90
9 - Nobuatsu Aoki ~ Rizla Suzuki MotoGP = 2'06.60
10 - Carlos Checa ~ Honda LCR = 2'011.05

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:38 am

Leading MotoGP test times from day two(Thursday) of the Sepang test, which is being attended by Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki and Kawasaki teams.

1 - John Hopkins ~ Rizla Suzuki MotoGP = 2'02.73
2 - Chris Vermeulen ~ Rizla Suzuki MotoGP = 2'02.83
3 - Colin Edwards ~ Camel Yamaha Team = 2'02.91
4 - Nicky Hayden ~ Repsol Honda Team = 2'03.74
5 - Toni Elias ~ Fortuna Honda = 2'03.87
6 - Carlos Checa ~ Honda LCR = 2'04.08
7 - Olivier Jacque ~ Kawasaki Racing Team = 2'04.47
8 - Makoto Tamada ~ Tech 3 Yamaha (990cc) 2'04.65
9 - Tady Okada ~ Honda = 2'05.63

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:40 am

Just as a reference, the fastest race lap in the 2006 Malaysian GP on the 2006 spec bike was set by Loris Capirossi at 2'02.127....

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:52 am

Some of the riders thoughts on the 800cc bikes...

Colin Edwards:
My initial impression was pretty good; in fact the bike feels great for this stage of its development, Obviously power-wise it feels different, but other than that it just feels like it's rounded-off a bit; not such a knife-edge and a little bit more forgiving.

Toni Elias:
The bike is slower than the 990cc RCV but it is more agile than the old bike - it changes direction very fast and I also like the riding position, its more like the riding position of a 250cc bike.

Carlos Checa:
Today we got in a full day of testing and I realised the power is not the strong point of an 800cc bike. We worked on the front end to try and find a better feeling going into the corners. We tried different off-sets because the front felt a little heavy. With those changes we needed to test tyres to check the character of this bike using these tyres.

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:56 am

I did forget to post the results from the first preseason test at Valencia, Sorry to anyone who was interested (if there are any of you :wink: )

Here are the full results for the Valencia test that took place on the 1st & 2nd of November

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:56 am

Finally! :evil: And what is Pitty doing on the Ilmor???? Please explain :? Why is Checka still slow??? :cry: