2007 MotoGP of Australia - Phillip Island

All about MotoGP Racing

Moderators: Ed, <T-K>

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

2007 MotoGP of Australia - Phillip Island

Post by <T-K> » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:30 am

The twenty one year-old clinched the title at the previous round in Japan. Since the young Aussie picked up the title his sports mad countrymen have doubled the sales of grand prix tickets from last year at the magnificent seaside location.

His team-mate Loris Capirossi returns to the track where he clinched the 1990 125cc World Championship, fresh from his superb victory in Japan. He leaves his Ducatisquad to join Suzuki at the end of the year and he would love to leave with another victory.

Former Champion, Valentino Rossihas a love affair with Phillip Island and his record at the circuit says it all. The Italian seven times World Champion has won seven grands prix at the track, two in the 250cc class followed by five successive MotoGPwins.

Out going World Champion Nicky Haydenis picking up some of the pieces after a disastrous defence of his title and last year started the rain-affected race from pole and eventually finished fifth, riding the Repsol Honda.
Last edited by <T-K> on Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:33 am

Hayden
Hopkins
Edwards

The Kentucky Kid's got nothin' to lose, so he could just win.......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: :burnout:
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:20 pm

mlittle wrote:Hayden
Hopkins
Edwards

The Kentucky Kid's got nothin' to lose, so he could just win.......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: :burnout:

And he does seem to enjoy Phillip Island.....

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:05 am

<T-K> wrote:
mlittle wrote:Hayden
Hopkins
Edwards

And he does seem to enjoy Phillip Island.....
Like I said, Hayden's got nothing to lose now, so he could just win.
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:23 pm

Just for fun I will pick

1. Rossi - the greatest
2. Stoner - the 07 champ
3 - Hayden - one of my faves
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:26 am

The first ten laps of the Australian Grand Prixsaw Stoner put under a surprising amount of pressure by outgoing world champion Nicky Hayden, before the American's rear tyre began sliding a little too much.

The Repsol Hondarider soon lost second to Valentino Rossias a result, but far worse was to follow when an engine failure forced a furious Hayden to park his RC212V just before the midway point of the 27 laps.

Behind the top four, Pramac d'Antin's Alex Barros edged out Kawasaki's Randy de Puniet for fifth position, while John Hopkins salvaged seventh from a nightmare weekend for Rizla Suzuki. Team-mate Chris Vermeulen also improved substantially on his qualifying position to finish one place, but 5.6secs, behind the Anglo-American with Rossi's team-mate Colin Edwards and Melandri completing the top ten.

Race Results:

1. Casey Stoner ~ 41min 12.244 secs
2. Loris Capirossi ~ 41min 19.007 secs
3. Valentino Rossi ~ 41min 22.282 secs
4. Dani Pedrosa ~ 41min 23.907 secs
5. Alex Barros ~ 41min 31.719 secs
6. Randy de Puniet ~ 41min 39.557 secs
7. John Hopkins ~ 41min 41.487 secs
8. Chris Vermeulen ~ 41min 47.077 secs
9. Colin Edwards ~ 41min 47.317 secs
10. Marco Melandri ~ 41min 49.215 secs
11. Carlos Checa ~ 41min 49.965 secs
12. Anthony West ~ 41min 50.670 secs
13. Shinya Nakano ~ 41min 59.674 secs
14. Sylvain Guintoli ~ 42min 6.568 secs
15. Toni Elias ~ 42min 22.715 secs
16. Makoto Tamada ~ 42min 25.148 secs
17. Kurtis Roberts ~ 42min 25.264 secs

DNF:
Nicky Hayden ~ 18min 22.054 secs
Chaz Davies ~ 18min 45.841 secs

The Conduit
F3 Tester
F3 Tester

Post by The Conduit » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:33 am

Stoner, in my most humble of opinions, showed why he is The Champion.
Consistant, quick, smooth.
I hope this chap is around for a long time, it has been a pleasure to watch him, Rossi, and Melandri, this season.
It will be interesting to watch the developments, when Melandri wheels out as his team-mate next season.
Will Ducati do to Stoner that which Alonso claims McLaren has done to him?

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:47 pm

The Conduit wrote:Stoner, in my most humble of opinions, showed why he is The Champion.
I hope this chap is around for a long time, it has been a pleasure to watch him, Rossi, and Melandri, this season.
It will be interesting to watch the developments, when Melandri wheels out as his team-mate next season.
Another Stoner fan. I thought you might be an Olivier Jacques fan. Stoner is good and has made a lot of Aussies happy again.
I was pleased to see him win but I have been a Valentino Rossi fan since he started. Some people say I am too loyal.

The Conduit
F3 Tester
F3 Tester

Post by The Conduit » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:29 am

jacfan wrote:
The Conduit wrote:Stoner, in my most humble of opinions, showed why he is The Champion.
Another Stoner fan. I thought you might be an Olivier Jacques fan. Stoner is good and has made a lot of Aussies happy again.
I was pleased to see him win but I have been a Valentino Rossi fan since he started. Some people say I am too loyal.
Rossi is deserved of your loyalty, a pilot extraordinaire, who has done so much for MotoGP.
I have, however a feeling in my bones, when I watch last season, Casy Stoner take such extreme risks so many times on inferior machinery, so as to be noticed unavoidably by the managers of the top teams.
This man, I say to myself, if he does not cripple or kill himself, will be Champion one day. And now, so soon!!!!
And perhaps many times.

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:27 am

The Conduit wrote:
jacfan wrote:
Rossi is deserved of your loyalty, a pilot extraordinaire, who has done so much for MotoGP.
I have, however a feeling in my bones, when I watch last season, Casy Stoner take such extreme risks so many times on inferior machinery, so as to be noticed unavoidably by the managers of the top teams.
This man, I say to myself, if he does not cripple or kill himself, will be Champion one day. And now, so soon!!!!
And perhaps many times.
Yes he certainly is extraordinary. In the one of the interviews which you probably would not have seen since it was an Aussie interview, Rossi was asked if he would consider joining Ducati and it seemed like that could/would be a possibility in the future.
I think Casey will be continuing to win well after Rossi has left and gone to Rally cars. I believe that there are opportunities for him to go in that direction when has finished with motogp.

The Conduit
F3 Tester
F3 Tester

Post by The Conduit » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:31 am

He has not disgraced himself on 4 wheels :lol: Now I must flee to bed. :zzzz:
Sweet Dreams Cherie.

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:37 am

The Conduit wrote:He has not disgraced himself on 4 wheels :lol: Now I must flee to bed. :zzzz:
Sweet Dreams Cherie.
Bon nuit mon cherie.