Stoner clinches MotoGP championship at Motegi...............

All about MotoGP Racing

Moderators: Ed, <T-K>

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Stoner clinches MotoGP championship at Motegi...............

Post by mlittle » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:45 am

Congratulations are in order to Ducati Marlboro rider Casey Stoner, who clinched the 2007 MotoGP title on the Motegi road course this afternoon......overcoming rainy conditions, mid-race pitstops and challenges by Fiat Yamaha's Valentino Rossi, Stoner became the third Australian rider to win a MotoGp championship(joining Mick Doohan and Wayne Gardner) and the second-youngest ever(only American "Fast" Freddie Spencer won at a younger age than Stoner)......as for the race itself.................. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Podium finishers............
1st} Loris Capirossi, Ducati Marlboro
2nd} Randy de Puniet, Kawasaki Racing
3rd} Toni Elias, Gresini Honda

Race highlights.................
~~Kawasaki's Anthony West looked as though he got one h--- of a start(unfortunately, it was too good, as he copped a drive-through for a jump-start)
~~Changing weather conditions.......the race began on a wet track that dried off during the race, meaning riders had to make stops during the race

When asked about winning the title, Stoner was pretty much at a loss for words but did say this,
It's just very nice. I really don't know what to say, it's a little overwhelming. I have dreamt about this since I was a kid watching the races on television. And it is a great feeling to win the championship ahead of Valentino Rossi, who is one of my heroes.
Rossi in turn gave props to the new champion.......
I want to congratulate Casey on becoming World Champion; he's a great rival and I hope we can continue this rivalry into the future.
Anyway..........a round of congratulations to Casey Stoner, the 2007 FIM MotoGP World Champion! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock: