Rossi extends Yamaha deal to 2008

All about MotoGP Racing

Moderators: Ed, <T-K>

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Rossi extends Yamaha deal to 2008

Post by <T-K> » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:07 am

In something of a surprise move, Yamaha has announced that superstar Valentino Rossi has extended his current MotoGP contract until the end of 2008.

The news terminates any speculation that the Italian, whose five-year reign as premier-class champion came to an unexpected end at the hands of Nicky Hayden last season, will switch to rallying or any other form of motorsport at the end of this year - when his previous contract had been due to expire.

Valentino Rossi:
I'm very happy I renewed the contract with Yamaha until the end of 2008 so now I can just concentrate on racing this season. I think that last year, when we fought back from what seemed an impossible situation to come so close to taking the title, showed what a fantastic team we are and this is why I want to stay with Yamaha...The past three years with Yamaha have been very positive and this is why I am pleased to stay. The atmosphere in our garage is always relaxed and happy and I think that this is something very special and difficult to find.

Lin Jarvis, Managing Director of Yamaha Motor Racing:
We are thrilled to confirm that our partnership with Valentino will continue for a fifth year in 2008, and it's especially good to have completed all contract negotiations before the start of the rapidly approaching 2007 racing season. This now leaves Valentino free to concentrate solely on the job in hand - winning back the world championship!

http://www.crash.net

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:48 pm

Well there go all the rumours of F1 or rallying... right out the front door... :mb: :mb: :mb:
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:59 pm

jacfan wrote:Well there go all the rumours of F1 or rallying... right out the front door... :mb: :mb: :mb:
Who knows when his contract expires though :conf3:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:37 pm

I think he is happy in Motogp, he has had opportunities to move and he has done some testing but I so far has resisted the temptation to move. Still I guess you should never say never. :roll:
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:36 am

jacfan wrote:Well there go all the rumours of F1 or rallying... right out the front door... :mb: :mb: :mb:
Rossi will have everything he wants in his contract............if he wants to race dog-sleds mid season he will be allowed to. 8)

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:14 am

Julian Mayo wrote:
Rossi will have everything he wants in his contract............if he wants to race dog-sleds mid season he will be allowed to. 8)
That is actually a good point....he is in quite a good position at the moment....