Rallying with Rossi

All about MotoGP Racing

Moderators: Ed, <T-K>

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Rallying with Rossi

Post by Snowy » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:48 am

P11 not bad for your first professional rally! :D Someone said he would more than likely injure himself :shock: Doubing thomas' I ask you? :x

Dr Yes, no? 8)
Lewis Hamilton & Jenson Button World Champions :)

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:38 am

His co-driver, (Carlo)Cassina reckoned that his "pupil" did very well, especially as it was his first proper outing in the WRC ........... :)

And any rumours that he may be making a full switch to the WRC after next season can be squashed as he was quoted as saying that he could stay on two wheels for several more seasons, having been re-motivated by his 2006 title loss...... :?

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:16 pm

Rossi.... :up: :1st: :1st: :clap: :clap:
Would have loved to see him take on MS in F1. 8) 8) 8)
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:52 pm

Rossi is still being wooed by Dave Richards to get him to defect to the FIA World Rally Championship in 2008.....

Dave Richards:
I have helped Valentino out with a car for rallies because he would be great for the sport and I'd love to see him in a full WRC season, I know that he is signed to Yamaha for next year's MotoGP, but we want to get him in a full WRC car for next year's Rally GB and then to see if he wants to sign up for a season. Valentino has told me how rally is what he wants to do. But it is just a case of what happens with Yamaha - and what happens next season, because I know that he wants to claim his eighth crown in MotoGP.

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:15 pm

Rossi says it's what he wants to do eh? Well I can understand that there is definately more of an adrenalin rush on public roads. Maybe he should try the Isle o Man TT, the North West 200 and the Paris Dakar. :roll: At least he'd still be riding a bike. What's the appeal of four wheels for someone so adept on two? :shock:

Four wheels good two wheels better. 8)

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:35 pm

Snowy wrote:Rossi says it's what he wants to do eh? Well I can understand that there is definately more of an adrenalin rush on public roads. Maybe he should try the Isle o Man TT, the North West 200 and the Paris Dakar. :roll: At least he'd still be riding a bike. What's the appeal of four wheels for someone so adept on two? :shock:

New challenges.

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:49 am

Snowy wrote:Rossi says it's what he wants to do eh? Well I can understand that there is definately more of an adrenalin rush on public roads. Maybe he should try the Isle o Man TT, the North West 200 and the Paris Dakar. :roll: At least he'd still be riding a bike. What's the appeal of four wheels for someone so adept on two? :shock:

I have given up on trying to understand 8) :?

GhoGho
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by GhoGho » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:52 am

Maybe he is discovering fear, some kids take longer to find it than others.
I'm in shape

Round is a shape...........

:cheers:

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:50 pm

GhoGho wrote:
Fear is the key. I think you have to be pretty f****** fearless to drive a rally car competitively. There are friggin' trees, shear drops with trees at the bottom, icy roads with trees lying in the middle courtesy of the Monacan's, ditches with hedges with trees in them and then there's the trees that have been cut down and left in neat piles by the side of the road just behind the rocks. Oh and did I mention the trees? How many co-pilots have been killed recently? I know it's a lot! :?

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:05 pm

I have watched the rally cars a few times and they are certainly nuts. It is a very dangerous sport. Must admit it is fun to watch.

GhoGho
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by GhoGho » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:31 am

Snowy wrote:
GhoGho wrote:
Fear is the key. I think you have to be pretty f****** fearless to drive a rally car competitively. There are friggin' trees, shear drops with trees at the bottom, icy roads with trees lying in the middle courtesy of the Monacan's, ditches with hedges with trees in them and then there's the trees that have been cut down and left in neat piles by the side of the road just behind the rocks. Oh and did I mention the trees? How many co-pilots have been killed recently? I know it's a lot! :?
Ahh yes we understand all that, but when you get off a bike and into a car there is a feeling of being cocooned in safety, even if it is no safer.
I'm in shape

Round is a shape...........

:cheers:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Re: Rallying with Rossi

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:26 pm

Snowy wrote:P11 not bad for your first professional rally! :D Someone said he would more than likely injure himself :shock: Doubing thomas' I ask you? :x

Dr Yes, no? 8)
A good steady drive by Rossi, in a top car. He was helped by a number of top 10 runners retiring or suffering mechanical problems. It was a good rally to watch
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:28 pm

GhoGho wrote:

Or boredom 8)
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:57 am

Valentino Rossiwill not compete in Wales Rally GB, the final round on the 2007 FIAWorld Rally Championship, which runs from November 30 to December 2.

The former five times MotoGPworld champion recently said he was '95 per cent' certain to appear in the event, driving a Subaru, but it will now not happen as his name was absent from the official entry list published today (Thursday).

crash.net