Nicky Hayden - 2006 MotoGP world Champion

All about MotoGP Racing

Moderators: Ed, <T-K>

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Nicky Hayden - 2006 MotoGP world Champion

Post by <T-K> » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:47 am

The odds were stacked against Nicky Hayden heading into todays Valencian title showdown, but the American went on to produce one of the greatest upsets in MotoGP history and take the title from five-times world champion Valentino Rossi....

Nicky Hayden:
When you dedicate your life to something and the dream comes true it feels so good, This is a proud day for me, the team and my family. I want to thank everybody back home and I hope they're partying back there in Owensboro. When I went down at the beginning of the Estoril race I thought the dream was over but I just didn't give up. Anything can happen in racing and you just keep fighting until the end. I just believe good things happen to good people and this is a great day for me
Repsol team manager Makoto Tanaka:
During the last five laps I was praying so hard for the race to finish! I want say from the bottom of my heart, Congratulations and thank you very much to Nicky. We didn't win the race today but it was such a valuable result that it was like a one-two finish. Both Nicky and Dani have done the perfect job today. We've had a very eventful season but this is a fantastic moment and we can enjoy it to the full. So I want to say thank you again to the riders who have worked very hard. Also thanks to the fans and to all our sponsors for their excellent support. Now all the team can celebrate this fantastic moment together.