2006 MotoGP of Portugal (Elias Wins) Your Thoughts?

All about MotoGP Racing

Moderators: Ed, <T-K>

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:20 am

<T-K> wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:Rather than give away the result of the race, for those of you who have not yet seen it, ( in my best Gough Whitlam voice ( Aussie joke) ),
Tony Elias has only been fit for the last 2 races. He has now won in every class at this track.
Kenny can't count, or read :shock: To pull off the best race winning pass, with one lap to go :shock: THen sit and admit to it :shock:
There is a certain intense little fella, who cares only about himself, but before I go on........these guys are getting paid megabucks to do what they want to, and enjoy, doing.......yes? Whereas I am still charging $8 a posthole, and would rather sell icecreams,
........so anyway, there is this certain little fella, and his name is not De La Rosa,
who seems to lack a certain understanding of the phrase "working for the team".
From this day on,for the next 10 years he will stain his underwear when he hears a Texan accent. For the next ten he will take cover, for the next 18 he will spill his drink, and for the remainder of his life he will twitch.
Let's all practice our Texan accent. :twisted:
The reaction from Mr Honda to the Golden Haired Spaniard will be
"We cannot lose face, we have re-signed him"
Danny.......don't eat the Sushi til you win the World Championship, and the Manchamp, which you might have cost Honda today 8)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well said....

What on earth was Danni boi thinking?

I'm not sure if anybody else noticed, but after the race, Rossi was going around, not only thanking his crew, but he also went around and shook the hands of Elias's entire crew......sportsmanship.....

Kenny oh Kenny......When will you get it right? He had it right there, and threw it out the window......

I look forward to the final race.....
"Oh Danny Boy, the pipes, the pipes are callin, for you,r you, have thrown Nicky out the the window..........." :evil:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:03 pm

Was just listening to the interview with Pete Benson on the live coverage, and his words seemed to sum it up pretty well :shock:

Its just a f*****g pointless thing you know, all I can say is what kind of a teammate is that?
:shock: :shock:

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:15 pm

Fantastic race. Was nice to see Valentino so happy for Elias. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Tears for Nicky..... As for Dani... well I don't think I could say anything here that would not get me a stern warning from Ed so suffice to say he would be advised to find another country? .... perhaps another planet to spend the rest of the year on.
I am looking forward to the final race of the year. I love Valentino and have since he first started but I would have loved to see Nicky win the championship this year.

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:41 am

What a brilliant race :D I have no problems with people having accidents, I've seen all before :shock: this is racing and 'sh*t happens' :twisted:

Nicky should have raced harder and faster in half a dozen races this season and he wouldn't have had this problem. You make your own luck in motorsport - just look how winning gravitates to the Rossi's, Schuey's and Alonso's.
Lewis Hamilton & Jenson Button World Champions :)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:10 am

Snowy wrote:What a brilliant race :D I have no problems with people having accidents, I've seen all before :shock: this is racing and 'sh*t happens' :twisted:

Nicky should have raced harder and faster in half a dozen races this season and he wouldn't have had this problem. You make your own luck in motorsport - just look how winning gravitates to the Rossi's, Schuey's and Alonso's.
Mr Apostrophe Man is not happy :cry:
IMHO Nicky couldn't race harder and faster, cos he has been lumped with the job of riding the bike with development bits.......including a clutch which was inappropriately housed and was getting cooked on the warm up lap :shock: hence his tardy starts 8)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:12 am

I reckon Mfer should calm down enough to post a comment......by 2008.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:50 am

Julian Mayo wrote:I reckon Mfer should calm down enough to post a comment......by 2008.

Huh.....what......I heard that, Julian! :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I saw the tape delay of the race Sunday evening and I'm still trying to figure out what in the ---- Pedrosa was thinking? :evil: I suspect there are probably some MotoGP fans in North America who'd like Pedrosa's head on a platter. :x :shock: :shock: :shock:

At least Hayden still has a chance at the title....no thanks to Pedrosa! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:25 pm

mlittle wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:I reckon Mfer should calm down enough to post a comment......by 2008.

I saw the tape delay of the race Sunday evening and I'm still trying to figure out what in the ---- Pedrosa was thinking? :evil: I suspect there are probably some MotoGP fans in North America who'd like Pedrosa's head on a platter. :x :shock: :shock: :shock:

At least Hayden still has a chance at the title....no thanks to Pedrosa! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Awe inspiring self control there, Mfer :clap:

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:05 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
mlittle wrote:

Remember the Spanish inquisition.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:34 pm

cmlean wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
mlittle wrote:

Remember the Spanish inquisition.
You are a sick, bitter, twisted, perverted square peg in a round hole. :shock:
Its your shout :lol: