2006 MotoGP of Japan (Capirossi wins) - Your thoughts

All about MotoGP Racing

Moderators: Ed, <T-K>

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:57 pm

Julian Mayo wrote: God gave me the strength to take my 3 children and flee from the infidel. Yay tho we wander thru the valley of darkness, the light of yon Motoer sport on tv draws us close, and shields us from the nonbeliever. FREEDOM TO WATCH IS OURS !!!!!!!!! 8)
How I envy your strength the light of motorsport flickers dimly upon my screen barely iluminating my soul in its hour of darkness. :cry:
Lewis Hamilton & Jenson Button World Champions :)

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:01 am

jacfan wrote: As a female I would have to say that even if she (your other half) has no interest, she should respect you enough to either learn about it and might find interest or let you watch or at the very least tape and watch later. She could find herself a hobby so that you can continue to enjoy all forms of motor sport that interest you. You have to learn to negotiate.
I am an excellent negotiator but even one as adept as myself have hit a brick wall. You just can't ague with a sick mind. Lets face it anyone that can't stand the sound of Formula 1 cars or MotoGP bikes is in serious need of medical help! :shock:

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:13 am

jacfan wrote:When I first met my hubby, I had heard of F1 but that was about it. I had been to watch races at Calder racetrack with Brocky racing etc but had no great interest. In about 1982/83 the races weren't on very often here but when they were, being a night owl I was asked to get the results for my darling. Then he would ask what had happened in the race. At that stage I did not watch t6hem... just got the results, but being a loving caring person I started to watch them so that I could relate the information to my hubby. That was the beginning of my love for F1. Since I "had to" watch I decided I better focus on one driver and then next thing I was totally hooked. Now I am a bigger fan than him.
I started watching the bikes when Doohan was racing and when Rossi first started in 125s I thought that he was a fantastic racer and would be a star of the future. Jeremy thought I was "nutty" at the time but I have been proved right.
Night owl you say... I think I have the beginings of a cunning plan. :)

You were right about Rossi eh...That means you must have seen the Biaggi, Capirossi and Harada 250 battles, they were heady days where the 250's were definately more spectacular and absorbing. Race after race used to go down to the wire. In the 500's Mick was running away with everything and had no credible opposition. I wish his last accident had been less damaging so we could have watched him up against the new strain of riders and bikes. Ho hum. :roll:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:21 am

jacfan wrote:When I first met my hubby, I had heard of F1 but that was about it. I had been to watch races at Calder racetrack with Brocky racing etc but had no great interest. In about 1982/83 the races weren't on very often here but when they were, being a night owl I was asked to get the results for my darling. Then he would ask what had happened in the race. At that stage I did not watch t6hem... just got the results, but being a loving caring person I started to watch them so that I could relate the information to my hubby. That was the beginning of my love for F1. Since I "had to" watch I decided I better focus on one driver and then next thing I was totally hooked. Now I am a bigger fan than him.
I started watching the bikes when Doohan was racing and when Rossi first started in 125s I thought that he was a fantastic racer and would be a star of the future. Jeremy thought I was "nutty" at the time but I have been proved right.
:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: 8)
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:25 am

Snowy wrote:
jacfan wrote: As a female I would have to say that even if she (your other half) has no interest, she should respect you enough to either learn about it and might find interest or let you watch or at the very least tape and watch later. She could find herself a hobby so that you can continue to enjoy all forms of motor sport that interest you. You have to learn to negotiate.
I am an excellent negotiator but even one as adept as myself have hit a brick wall. You just can't ague with a sick mind. Lets face it anyone that can't stand the sound of Formula 1 cars or MotoGP bikes is in serious need of medical help! :shock:
A large firecracker each side of the head whilst the non believer sleeps ?
No hearing, no problem 8)
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:00 pm

Snowy wrote:
Then you negotiate that she lets you watch the F1 races and bikes and whatever, and you go with her to whatever it is she likes.... ballet, opera .... shopping. Shopping is usually a good one. If all else fails, then add sleeping pills to her drink before the race is about to start.... :drink: :nap: :nap: :nap:
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:05 pm

Snowy wrote:
Night owl you say... I think I have the beginings of a cunning plan. :)

You were right about Rossi eh...That means you must have seen the Biaggi, Capirossi and Harada 250 battles, they were heady days where the 250's were definately more spectacular and absorbing. Race after race used to go down to the wire. In the 500's Mick was running away with everything and had no credible opposition. I wish his last accident had been less damaging so we could have watched him up against the new strain of riders and bikes. Ho hum. :roll:
Absolutely. They were the days. When Rossi was in the 125s they always went down to the wire and there was so much passing and repassing. I'd be on the edge of my seat and often screaming at the TV. Mick was always good to watch and even Kevin Swantz. They were always good races and certainly fired my interest in the bike racing.

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:10 pm

Lets face it anyone that can't stand the sound of Formula 1 cars or MotoGP bikes is in serious need of medical help!
I love the sounds of F1. I went to the first Adelaide F1 GP in 1985 and in those days they were turbos... the sound was sensational... it just went straight through you..... loved it. I have not been to a moto gp but I know I would love it. Nothing beats the excitement of being there and the atmosphere. I even love the noise of the F/A-18 Hornets. Might explain why I am half deaf!!!