KV Racing to Field Indy 500 Effort with SH Racing

All about Indy Racing League (IRL)

Moderators: Ed, mlittle

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

KV Racing to Field Indy 500 Effort with SH Racing

Post by mlittle » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:42 pm

Although it has been an expensive year, crash-wise, for KV Racing principals Kevin Kalkhoven and Jimmy Vasser, the team is preparing to assault the Brickyard in 2011 in partnership w/SH Racing

----It’s a little early to be contemplating the 2011 Indianapolis 500 but that’s all one new entry can think about. SH Racing, which has secured sponsorship from REDLINE Extreme energy drink, is partnering with KV Racing Technology for a one car effort next May with a driver to be named later.

“I’ve been in stock cars and motorcycle racing but the Indy 500 is something I’ve always dreamed of,” said James “Sulli” Sullivan, the co-owner of SH Racing along with T.J. Humpreys. "I brought the REDLINE folks to Indianapolis this past May and we had the contract signed before they dropped the green flag. We’ve already got our show car and we’re unveiling it and our plan tomorrow night (Wednesday) in Atlanta. It’s a great fit because REDLINE is a super premium drink that’s about reaction time and increased focus… two things pertinent to Indy cars.”

Mark Johnson, general manager at KV, met Sullivan a few years ago when they were both involved in SuperCross. “Sulli said his main goal in life was to have his name on the side of an Indy car some day,” said Johnson. “We always stayed in touch and, lo and behold, he’s put something together and we’re going to run a car for him.”

KV Racing Technology, owned by Kevin Kalkhoven and Jimmy Vasser, fielded cars for Takuma Sato, E.J. Viso, Mario Moraes and Paul Tracy last May but Tracy missed the show. Asked if his team was considering five cars for 2011, Johnson quickly replied: “No. Four is too many but we’ve done it before so it’s always possible.”

Team REDLINE Extreme has no driver at the moment but with Oriol Servia, Bruno Junqueira, Paul Tracy and J.R. Hildebrand available, finding a good one shouldn’t be a problem. “We want somebody who is quick but the driver has to be the right fit for REDLINE,” said Sullivan, a native of England who graduated from Baylor and currently resides in Dallas. “What we do off the track is just as important as what we do on it in terms of activation, vendors and marketing. We’re a marketing company that’s going racing.”

It was an expensive season for KV Racing as its three full-time drivers tore up more than $2 million worth of equipment in the 35 accidents by Moraes, Sato and Viso. It’s not known yet if any of those three will be returning with KV for 2011.
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:37 am

----SH Racing unveiled its Team REDLINE Xtreme livery that it will run in the Indianapolis 500 in partnership with KV Racing Technology at the National Association of Convenience Store Show in Atlanta. The 2011 Indy 500 is scheduled for May 29.

“We are amped up to partner with Kevin Kalkhoven and Jimmy Vasser in the 2011 Indy 500,” said James Sullivan, co-owner of SH Racing. “We have discussed partnering with Kevin and Jimmy for quite some time. Today, we made it a reality and we could not be more excited.”

KV Racing Technology entered four cars in the 2010 Indy 500. “Developing the KV Racing-SH Racing program this early for the 2011 Indy 500 gives us a huge head start on fielding a great effort for the Team REDLINE Xtreme entry,” said Vasser, co-owner of KV Racing Technology and a multi-time oval race winner. “We are thrilled to have formed a partnership with SH Racing and there will be no shortage of energy on the Team REDLINE Xtreme at Indy next year.”

A driver for the Team REDLINE Xtreme entry will be announced soon. “Sulli, TJ (co-owner Humphreys) and I have already talked about the possible candidates to drive the Team RED Xtreme car,” Vasser said. “We will look over all of the possibilities and put together a very professional and solid operation for the Team REDLINE Xtreme entry. I am very excited to have this program started already for 2011.”
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock: