THE SILLY SEASON

All about V8 Supercars Racing

Moderators: Ed, Julian Mayo

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:07 am

The new SBR driver to replace Ambrose will be announced on Monday.
(See post under "Ford".)
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:20 am

Marcus Marshall has been "released" from his North American single seater commitments with Team Australia.
Several teams took note of his performance at Bathurst.
One team in particular would have no trouble pronouncing his christian name :lol:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:26 pm

Paul Wheel, Supercheap Tacing team commodore is stepping down from full time racing next season. The company, PWR, his father, Kees, founded is set for a massive expansion program and Paul simply does not have the time to race. PWR supply radiators and cooling systems to formulae and commercial users worldwide and have also developed a supercharger system for 5:7 litre Holden V8s.
A suitable partner for Greg Murphy is yet to be found.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:22 pm

In a surprise turnaround, "Frosty" Winterbottom and Mark Larkham of LM Racing have announced that they are not renewing contracts for 2006.
Several weeks ago they killed speculation that Frosty could be in line for the Ambrose seat by stating that the contract had been renewed. All Larkham will say is that after some weeks of talks the team had decided to release Winterbottom from his 2006 contractual obligations, and they were parting company amicably.
Now given that Winterbottom is actually contracted to Stone Bros Racing (read Ford) and and was on a loan contract to LMS, the plot thickens. Winterbottom is "unavailable for comment"

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:13 pm

Craig Lowndes has a new partner. Jamie Whincup has secured a 3 yr contract with Team Betta Electrical to drive the 88 car. This was announced by Roland Dane, the head honcho of 888 Racing. Jamie will relocate to Brisbane early in the new year to commence duties with the team.

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:54 pm

You know julian....i have never actually asked you who your favourite driver in the v8 supercars is....my guess is that it is not Skaife.. :lol:

So who is it???

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:19 am

me

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:54 am

:lol: :lol: you see we actually come to expect things like that from you....

seriously though...who do you support??

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:31 am

I support good, close, fair motor racing. There are several drivers who meet those criteria. There are several who do not.
I do not favour a particular driver.
For example, Marcus Ambrose is an excellent driver, and a deeply introverted man. I enjoy seeing him at work only.
Lowndes has the ablity to make his car stay at or very near the limit all day, and rarely makes a mistake. I enjoy seeing that.
The Kelly Brothers are quick spoiled brats. Tho recently Rick seems to have taken a maturity pill.
Jason Richards is a fast, all round competent pilot, with refreshing enthusiasm out of the car.
Glen Seton was blindingly fast, is still quick, and has the personality of a speed hump, as d#$% Johnson once said.
Bob Morris was fast and careless. Nothing has changed. If he hits a couple more this season I think he will have collected the entire field, and should retire content that his work is done.
I am enthused about the prospect of James Courtney joining the circus as much for the fact that I believe he will define the parameters of what a Supercar driver should be, as well as seeing his skill and talent on display.
I have a personal issue with Saife, involving an arrogant bastard and a then pre-teenage girl who was knocked to the ground and ignored.
Leaving that aside as much as I can he is a good driver who has had the best machinery under him since he came in to the series. This year, with pressure applied we have seen him make a number of driver errors. Symmons Plains race one yesterday being a prime example, an unforced spin, and a damaged car.
In short, I dont have a favourite driver, make or team. I love motor racing.
(All of the above are my personal opinions, and in no way reflect the views of anyone else involved in this forum)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:32 am

It seems one cannot say D ick Johnson :shock:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:17 am

Julian Mayo wrote:It seems one cannot say D ick Johnson :shock:
That's happened to me as well over in the NA Motorsports category as well. In one posting I mentioned the name of the outgoing CCWS President, D ick Eidswick, and the forum's "auto-censor" bleeped his name out. I think it just does that for certain words, even if they consitute someone's name.
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:35 am

mlittle wrote:
That's happened to me as well over in the NA Motorsports category as well. In one posting I mentioned the name of the outgoing CCWS President, D ick Eidswick, and the forum's "auto-censor" bleeped his name out. I think it just does that for certain words, even if they consitute someone's name.
bugga :D

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:38 am

Julian Mayo wrote:
mlittle wrote:
bugga :D
Ain't it the truth?
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:29 am

In the administration panel there is a word censor tab, where the admin types in the words that cannot be said, and also types in what will replace those words when they are posted....

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:50 am

The rumour factory is roaring into full production, as it usually does at this time of year.
Amonst the latest:
d#$% Josnson Racing to lose its major sponsor "Westpoint", and secure a bigger deal with "V8 Motgages".

Paul Cruickshank Racing to enter V8 Supercar racing with an ex-888 Car powered by Stone Bros engines. He has purchased the #7 Rod Nash Supercar licence. No driver has been nominated as yet. Paul currently runs
Phillip Scifleet in the support v8 catergory. The 28yo lies in 4th in thatt series, and drove with Gary Rodgers Motorsport in the recent Endurance series.

Jason Richards has re-signed with Tasman Mototor Sport despite a strong offer from Ford, citing stability as amjor factor in winning the Championship.

Jamie Whincup will race for 888 Raciing, replacing Steve Ellery.

Steve Ellery is rumoured to be taking the seat of "Frosty" Winterbottom who is leaving Larkham Motorsport for FPR to partner Jason Bright

Alex Davison has been "released" from his contract to drive the Autobarn Commodore and may be replaced by Owen Kelly. Larry Perkins is rumoured to feel that Davison "underachieved" this year.

Two aspirin and a large glass of water, please.