MOTOR SPORT QUOTES

All about V8 Supercars Racing

Moderators: Ed, Julian Mayo

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:18 am

mlittle wrote:Following the ChampCar race at Surfers Paradise, Team Australia's Craig Gore said the following......."Contrary to what Sebastien says, Will's times were on a par with Sebastien's. I think Bourdais snapped a cog and got greedy. When A.J. Allmendinger went out of the race, Sebastien was Champion. I think Will got into his mind this weekend. He outdrove him in practice and qualifying and he outdrove him in the race." He added this gem of a quote also......."This is the last time he'll hold up that (Vanderbilt Cup) trophy. He's won it three times in a row but the first two were against a fairly depleted field. I mean he really only had to beat Paul Tracy and Paul Tracy always crashes. Next year I will make sure one of my boys holds up the trophy." :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
CG is a noted stirrer :lol:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:23 am

mlittle wrote:Following the ChampCar race at Surfers Paradise, Team Australia's Craig Gore said the following......."Contrary to what Sebastien says, Will's times were on a par with Sebastien's. I think Bourdais snapped a cog and got greedy. When A.J. Allmendinger went out of the race, Sebastien was Champion. I think Will got into his mind this weekend. He outdrove him in practice and qualifying and he outdrove him in the race." He added this gem of a quote also......."This is the last time he'll hold up that (Vanderbilt Cup) trophy. He's won it three times in a row but the first two were against a fairly depleted field. I mean he really only had to beat Paul Tracy and Paul Tracy always crashes. Next year I will make sure one of my boys holds up the trophy." :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
LMAO, gold that one.
Ok, Lewis may win the WDC in 07, but Sato will beat him in 08.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:01 pm

kimi to Martin Brundle "live' on air, when asked why he missed Pele presenting a trophy to Schuey,
"I was having a s..t"...... :shock:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:02 pm

At this weekend's ChampCar race in Mexico City, Forsythe Championship Racing's Neil Micklewright was asked why Paul Tracy injured himself driving his souped-up golf cart last week or so(PT broke his right scapula trying to jump golf-course sand traps..... :shock: :shock: ). The Mickster's response......
....."because his race engineer Eric Zeto forgot to put the right set-up on it; he was going 70 mph and failed to make the turn. I hear the injury cost him $10,000 out of pocket because he forgot to renew his health insurance......
adding this gem of a quote......
......I told him he needs to have his mother move in with him to take care of him.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

The response from PT's mother, Vivienne Tracy, was quick and sharp.......
Neil's comment about I should move in to take care of him--I'd take care of him with a slap up the side of his head!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

My only question.....was she referring to PT in reference to what PT did to get himself injured, or Mickelwright in saying what he said about it? :? :shock: :shock:
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:59 pm

Either way it explains a tad about PT :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:14 pm

Rick Kelly "I set my watch to Bahrain time a week before. Trouble is I spent all night in the pub a few times" :shock:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Some random quotes.......

Post by mlittle » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:34 pm

One of NA motorsports' resident commentators, Racer magazine's David Phillips, recently opined a commentary on speedtv.com and had some....interesting quotes on it(here's the link in case anyone's interested........ www.speedtv.com/commentary/34290/ )

~~In 1985, Willy T. Ribbs became the first black racer to drive an F1 car, during a test at Estoril(he tested w/Brabham-BMW). When asked, Ribbs "recalled wandering down to turn 1 to observe, saying,
Estoril was a real man's racetrack. While the guys at Brabham were doing my seat, I went down to turn one and two to watch. Man, Ayrton Senna was driving through there with his testicles hanging out of the car. I had never seen such car control. I thought, 'I've got to drive one o' these things like THAT!'
~~Take this quote with a bucket of salt..........when asked about all the criticism he got for leaving ChampCar for NASCAR, especially from NA motorsports' top curmudegon(a/k/a Robin Miller), 'Dinger had this gem of a quote..... :shock: :shock:
It hurts in a way, but in another way its' kind of funny because, seeing what Robin Miller writes every day about me, it's clear he's got a huge man-crush on me.....

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Mon May 21, 2007 7:46 pm

When a team fails to make the 33-car grid for the Indy 500, teams tend to blame the driver for their failures.......here's a nice bit of honesty from PDM Racing owner Paul Diatlovich on who's responsible for not making the show..........."It falls squarely on my shoulders that we didn't make the show."

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

At least he didn't hem n' haw around the topic like, say, Roger Penske did back in 1995 when his drivers failed to make the show.... :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Mon May 28, 2007 1:39 pm

Considering the blatant block-party Sam Hornish, Jr. was putting on Vision Racing's Tomas Scheckter prior to the first rain-delay during the Indy 500, the Cape Town, South Africa native was plenty ticked afterwards. Just read his quote after the race...............

(When asked about it after the race was called in a post-race interview on XM Ch. 144)"I'm pissed off; we've been told so many times in drivers' meetings not to block or stop a driver when he's got a run (on you). Sam's done that; it's such a ---- pity....he's such a champion and good driver but what a ---- idiot. Straight down the front straight, comes straight in. I hope I damaged his car when he hit my front wing.........Next time he does that to me, I'm not going to lift and I'm going to ram him straight into the wall." :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock2: :shock2: :shock2: :evil: :evil: :argue: :argue: :argue:

Just think about that last line when the IndyCar Series goes to the 26 degree high-banks of Texas in 2 weeks..... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon May 28, 2007 2:30 pm

mlittle wrote:Considering the blatant block-party Sam Hornish, Jr. was putting on Vision Racing's Tomas Scheckter prior to the first rain-delay during the Indy 500, the Cape Town, South Africa native was plenty ticked afterwards. Just read his quote after the race...............

(When asked about it after the race was called in a post-race interview on XM Ch. 144)"I'm pissed off; we've been told so many times in drivers' meetings not to block or stop a driver when he's got a run (on you). Sam's done that; it's such a ---- pity....he's such a champion and good driver but what a ---- idiot. Straight down the front straight, comes straight in. I hope I damaged his car when he hit my front wing.........Next time he does that to me, I'm not going to lift and I'm going to ram him straight into the wall." :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock2: :shock2: :shock2: :evil: :evil: :argue: :argue: :argue:

Just think about that last line when the IndyCar Series goes to the 26 degree high-banks of Texas in 2 weeks..... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

....... =........UFO :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon May 28, 2007 2:31 pm

Thats unidentifable fragmented object :lol:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Tue May 29, 2007 8:47 am

On Speed Channel's Wind Tunnel with Dave Despain, Speed's resident open-wheel curmudgeon(i.e. analyst) Robin Miller had this to say about the 91st Indy 500.............
Dario Franchitti's picture (will) be on the Borg-Warner Trophy, but it should be Tony Kanaan's.....Nobody can believe they pitted him on lap 155, just after they pitted him on lap 137. He saw the rain coming; they cost him the race. Whoever called that strategy owes Tony more than a steak dinner.
I don't normally agree with the curmudgeon, but I do this time.....what the ---- were they thinkin'? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Tue May 29, 2007 2:18 pm

Usually its' the drivers who can say the dumbest things, but the television announcers can give the drivers' a run for their money..........

--Marty Reid, lead ABC Sports IndyCar announcer, (referring to the field for this year's Indy 500............"The depth of this field is just astounding."
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
My thoughts on that...............what are you guys smoking up there? :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

However.......on the flip side, Speed's Robin Miller gave the most blunt assessment of the field's "strength" I've ever heard........."The depth of this year's field today was maybe the worst I've ever seen. There were so many fly-by-night teams and teams thrown together; guys who haven't driven in a decade, guys who haven't driven here in three years. That's not what the Indy 500 is all about." :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:23 pm

There were some interesting quotes from today's IndyCar Series race at the Milwaukee Mile.................

"I'm not in it to be famous and I'm not in it to make news. I got the check, I got the trophy and 50 points in the bank for the championship. If they want to be on the front page of USA Today, be my guest. If I ever want attention, I'll just get out of the car and beat the hell out of somebody."
AGR's Tony Kanaan when asked whether his win at the Mile would be overshadowed by the post-race altercation btwn. Danica Patrick and Dan Wheldon

Speaking of the altercation..............here are some quotes regarding what happened.......... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

"I'd like to brake check Wheldon and just wreck him right now."
AGR's Danica Patrick following an on-track incident on lap 89 when Wheldon tried to pinch Patrick down through turn 1; after the race, she said the following to Wheldon before angrily shoving Wheldon..............

"I just came up to him and said, 'What happened? What was that for? Did you not see me? Why didn't you back off? And he didn't say anything. Then he says, 'Well, you can't get caught out in the marbles.' I said, 'Well, that's a pass, Dan. I got by you, you need to let off and you didn't, you turned into me.' And I told him, 'If you don't think I'm going to remember this, you're crazy. I just grabbed his arm and shoved off. It was nothing violent, though." :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Wheldon's response..........."She's probably feeling the pressure (to perform) since her teammates are winning and she's not. She's just feisty; like Barnhart says, what goes around comes around. She nearly put me into the wall at Indy, (so) she's messing with the wrong person if she wants to get feisty." :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Why do I get the feeling this ain't over with, especially since we're headed to Texas next week? :lol: :shock: :shock: :argue: :argue: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :duel: :furious: :furious: :shotgun: :shotgun: :danger: :duel: :duel:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:18 pm

mlittle wrote:There were some interesting quotes from today's IndyCar Series race at the Milwaukee Mile.................

"I'm not in it to be famous and I'm not in it to make news. I got the check, I got the trophy and 50 points in the bank for the championship. If they want to be on the front page of USA Today, be my guest. If I ever want attention, I'll just get out of the car and beat the hell out of somebody."
AGR's Tony Kanaan when asked whether his win at the Mile would be overshadowed by the post-race altercation btwn. Danica Patrick and Dan Wheldon

Speaking of the altercation..............here are some quotes regarding what happened.......... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

"I'd like to brake check Wheldon and just wreck him right now."
AGR's Danica Patrick following an on-track incident on lap 89 when Wheldon tried to pinch Patrick down through turn 1; after the race, she said the following to Wheldon before angrily shoving Wheldon..............

"I just came up to him and said, 'What happened? What was that for? Did you not see me? Why didn't you back off? And he didn't say anything. Then he says, 'Well, you can't get caught out in the marbles.' I said, 'Well, that's a pass, Dan. I got by you, you need to let off and you didn't, you turned into me.' And I told him, 'If you don't think I'm going to remember this, you're crazy. I just grabbed his arm and shoved off. It was nothing violent, though." :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Wheldon's response..........."She's probably feeling the pressure (to perform) since her teammates are winning and she's not. She's just feisty; like Barnhart says, what goes around comes around. She nearly put me into the wall at Indy, (so) she's messing with the wrong person if she wants to get feisty." :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Why do I get the feeling this ain't over with, especially since we're headed to Texas next week? :lol: :shock: :shock: :argue: :argue: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :duel: :furious: :furious: :shotgun: :shotgun: :danger: :duel: :duel:
How many on Danica's "wreck list" now..........Briscoe, Wheldon..........? :shock: