My line up....

Test your Formula 1 knowledge

Moderators: Ed, jacfan, lemon_martini2

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame
Posts: 15661
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:07 am
Location: Tying the antenna to the tallest tree I can find.

Postby Julian Mayo » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:28 pm

gkaytaz wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
gkaytaz wrote:It's just that he seems to catch on a tad slow. It takes him three quarters of a race to realize to step on the accelerator :lol:
Vodka takes a long time to wear off :lol:
Yeah. Remember that video showing him falling off of the upper deck of a yacht?
Remember?....hell I poured the drink........ :oops2:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

User avatar
jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 5546
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:24 pm
Location: I come from the land down under!!

Postby jacfan » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:40 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
gkaytaz wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote: Vodka takes a long time to wear off :lol:
Yeah. Remember that video showing him falling off of the upper deck of a yacht?
Remember?....hell I poured the drink........ :oops2:
:ROTFLMAO: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

cmlean
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1911
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:19 am
Location: Upside of Down Under
Contact:

Postby cmlean » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:27 am

My drivers would be (in no real order)

Fangio
Ascari
Moss
Hawthorn
Phil Hill
Graham Hill
Courage
Jim Clark
Senna
Brabham
Michael Schumacher
Amon
Hulme
McLaren
Alan Jones
Gilles Villeneuve
John Surtees
Alain Prost
Jody Schecter
Alonso
Lauda
Lewis Hamilton

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame
Posts: 15661
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:07 am
Location: Tying the antenna to the tallest tree I can find.

Postby Julian Mayo » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:52 am

cmlean wrote:My drivers would be (in no real order)

Fangio
Ascari
Moss
Hawthorn
Phil Hill
Graham Hill
Courage
Jim Clark
Senna
Brabham
Michael Schumacher
Amon
Hulme
McLaren
Alan Jones
Gilles Villeneuve
John Surtees
Alain Prost
Jody Schecter
Alonso
Lauda
Lewis Hamilton
Why those......frer chrissake, follow Jacfans instructions :shock:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

cmlean
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1911
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:19 am
Location: Upside of Down Under
Contact:

Postby cmlean » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:23 pm

Just my favorite drivers through different eras.

I would also add Rindt and Stewart.

Hammo has the makings of something special.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame
Posts: 11205
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:51 pm
Location: At the F1 Idiots Bar.............where else?
Contact:

Postby mlittle » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:42 pm

J.M. Fangio
Jody Scheckter
Jim Clark
Graham Hill
Dan Gurney
Phil Hill
Jochen Rindt
Gilles Villeneuve
Niki Lauda
Alain Prost
Nigel Mansell
Jacques Villeneuve
Ayrton Senna
Nelson Piquet, Sr.
Denny Hulme
Chris Amon
Michael Schumacher
Fernando Alonso
Lewis Hamilton
Jack Brabham
Mario Andretti

And for future reference.........
Marco Andretti
Graham Rahal
Danica Patrick
Katherine Legge
Sebastien Bourdais
Will Power
Jacky Ickx
Tom Kristensen
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

User avatar
gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner
Posts: 3557
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:18 am
Location: Revelstone

Postby gkaytaz » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:45 pm

mlittle wrote:J.M. Fangio
Jody Scheckter
Jim Clark
Graham Hill
Dan Gurney
Phil Hill
Jochen Rindt
Gilles Villeneuve
Niki Lauda
Alain Prost
Nigel Mansell
Jacques Villeneuve
Ayrton Senna
Nelson Piquet, Sr.
Denny Hulme
Chris Amon
Michael Schumacher
Fernando Alonso
Lewis Hamilton
Jack Brabham
Mario Andretti

And for future reference.........
Marco Andretti
Graham Rahal
Danica Patrick
Katherine Legge
Sebastien Bourdais
Will Power
Jacky Ickx
Tom Kristensen
Danica and Legge eh? Hmm, excellent! :D
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Southernman
2004 Top 10
2004 Top 10
Posts: 801
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:18 am
Location: New Zealand

Postby Southernman » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:05 am

My dream line up in no order.

Fangio
M. Schumacher
Prost
Senna
Piquet
Jackie Stewart
Lauda
Hunt
Amon
Hulme
McLaren
E.Fittipaldi
Ickx
Mansell
J.Brabham
Ascari
Hakkinen
Reutemann
J.Scheckter
Ascari
Clark
J.Villeneuve

Dzu-Fast
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:27 pm

Re: My line up....

Postby Dzu-Fast » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:36 pm

jacfan wrote:I have just read an interesting post by gkay
I just wish I could have seen Senna, Prost, Schumi, Hakkinen and Alonso race on the same track...
Which gave me an idea.
Instead of just the usual questions and answers this time I am going to make up a list of 22 drivers that I would like to see race each other. Hope this makes sense.
I want you guys to send me your list of 22 drivers and why you would pick them. Sort of like a team of the century.
I will award points on how many of mine you picked and also points for good reasons. You may put different drivers to me but if I like your reasoning then I will award points.
If you all hate the idea then let me know and I will have to work on a normal type quiz.
O.k. , I'll give this a try , if you don't mind . I went one further and paired them up on teams . Hope I don't get penalized for that .
  • Bern Rosemeyer - Tazio Nuvolari ---- No one before or since could mash the gas like ol' Bern and no one before or since could " will a car to win " like Taz . That's got to be a winning combo . :shock:
  • Jackie Stewart - Jim Clark --- Scotlands best together , seems a bit unfair to the others . 8)
  • Rene Arnoux - Alain Prost --- Tossing the French a bone . They'll be so busy supporting Arnoux over Prost , they won't be any trouble for anyone else . :wink:
  • Mario Andretti - Jack Brabham --- The " Dirt Tracks to Glory " team . 8)
  • Ayrton Senna - Juan Manuel Fangio --- South America's best . Seems a bit unfair also . 8)
  • Phil Hill - Dan Gurney --- The " All-American " team , of course .
  • Nigel Mansell - Stirling Moss --- A " proper " British effort . 8)
  • Graham Hill - Damon Hill --- Father and Son team would be interesting . 8) 8)
  • James Hunt - Niki Lauda --- I've heard Hunt and Niki were pals . So Hunt would keep Niki loose and Niki would keep Hunt in line , so it just might work . 8)
  • Fernando Alonso - Micheal Schumacher --- Because I can't think of anything that either one would hate worse . :twisted:
  • Jochen Rindt - Gilles Villenueve --- Two guys that deserve another chance . :cry:

User avatar
jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 5546
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:24 pm
Location: I come from the land down under!!

Re: My line up....

Postby jacfan » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:29 pm

Dzu-Fast wrote:
jacfan wrote:I have just read an interesting post by gkay
I just wish I could have seen Senna, Prost, Schumi, Hakkinen and Alonso race on the same track...
Which gave me an idea.
Instead of just the usual questions and answers this time I am going to make up a list of 22 drivers that I would like to see race each other. Hope this makes sense.
I want you guys to send me your list of 22 drivers and why you would pick them. Sort of like a team of the century.
I will award points on how many of mine you picked and also points for good reasons. You may put different drivers to me but if I like your reasoning then I will award points.
If you all hate the idea then let me know and I will have to work on a normal type quiz.
O.k. , I'll give this a try , if you don't mind . I went one further and paired them up on teams . Hope I don't get penalized for that .
  • Bern Rosemeyer - Tazio Nuvolari ---- No one before or since could mash the gas like ol' Bern and no one before or since could " will a car to win " like Taz . That's got to be a winning combo . :shock:
  • Jackie Stewart - Jim Clark --- Scotlands best together , seems a bit unfair to the others . 8)
  • Rene Arnoux - Alain Prost --- Tossing the French a bone . They'll be so busy supporting Arnoux over Prost , they won't be any trouble for anyone else . :wink:
  • Mario Andretti - Jack Brabham --- The " Dirt Tracks to Glory " team . 8)
  • Ayrton Senna - Juan Manuel Fangio --- South America's best . Seems a bit unfair also . 8)
  • Phil Hill - Dan Gurney --- The " All-American " team , of course .
  • Nigel Mansell - Stirling Moss --- A " proper " British effort . 8)
  • Graham Hill - Damon Hill --- Father and Son team would be interesting . 8) 8)
  • James Hunt - Niki Lauda --- I've heard Hunt and Niki were pals . So Hunt would keep Niki loose and Niki would keep Hunt in line , so it just might work . 8)
  • Fernando Alonso - Micheal Schumacher --- Because I can't think of anything that either one would hate worse . :twisted:
  • Jochen Rindt - Gilles Villenueve --- Two guys that deserve another chance . :cry:
no there is nothing wrong with that. Well thought out. :D
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

Dzu-Fast
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:27 pm

Re: My line up....

Postby Dzu-Fast » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:40 am

jacfan wrote: no there is nothing wrong with that. Well thought out. :D
  • Ahhh good . I had seen the original post the night before , so I had all day to give it a good thunk .
  • I like the way you posed the question , the one's you would like to see race each other as opposed to the tired old " who's the best " list , which is impossible anyway I think .
  • So , thanks , it gave me something interesting to ponder as I went about my daily drudgery . 8)

User avatar
jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 5546
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:24 pm
Location: I come from the land down under!!

Re: My line up....

Postby jacfan » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:10 am

Dzu-Fast wrote:
jacfan wrote: no there is nothing wrong with that. Well thought out. :D
  • Ahhh good . I had seen the original post the night before , so I had all day to give it a good thunk .
  • I like the way you posed the question , the one's you would like to see race each other as opposed to the tired old " who's the best " list , which is impossible anyway I think .
  • So , thanks , it gave me something interesting to ponder as I went about my daily drudgery . 8)
Glad you enjoyed it. I usually run a quiz but thought this would be a bit of fun instead of just answering questions all the time. :D :D :D
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

User avatar
jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 5546
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:24 pm
Location: I come from the land down under!!

Postby jacfan » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:33 pm

Sorry I haven't gone through the answers yet. Have been busy this weekend but will try and get it done tomorrow. 8)
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

User avatar
gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner
Posts: 3557
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:18 am
Location: Revelstone

Postby gkaytaz » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:37 pm

jacfan wrote:Sorry I haven't gone through the answers yet. Have been busy this weekend but will try and get it done tomorrow. 8)
Some stats would be nice. Like, the most selected drivers... Interesting picks, etc.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

User avatar
jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 5546
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:24 pm
Location: I come from the land down under!!

Postby jacfan » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:38 am

gkaytaz wrote:
jacfan wrote:Sorry I haven't gone through the answers yet. Have been busy this weekend but will try and get it done tomorrow. 8)
Some stats would be nice. Like, the most selected drivers... Interesting picks, etc.
Funny you should mention that.... I was chatting to Jeremy tonight and he suggested exactly the same thing. Great minds think alike. :D
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest