Quiz 2 answers and results.

Test your Formula 1 knowledge

Moderators: Ed, jacfan, lemon_martini2

User avatar
jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 5546
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:24 pm
Location: I come from the land down under!!

Quiz 2 answers and results.

Postby jacfan » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:58 pm

Once again I would like to thank you all for taking the time and effort to enter. Even if you don't know all the answers you all send some wonderful efforts and certainly have given me many many laughs.

The Answers :horn:
1. 76 trombones led the big parade
2. 15 men on a dead man’s chest
3. 80 days around the world
4. 100 centimeters in a meter
5. 66 books of the bible
6. 5 toes on a foot
7. 12 months in a year
8. 8 tentacles on an octopus
9. 366 days in a leap year
10. 13 loaves in a baker’s dozen
11. 52 weeks in a year
12. 9 lives of a cat
13. 30 minutes in a half hour
14. 23 pairs of chromosomes in the human
15. 1,000 years in a millennium
16. 3 men in a tub
17. 1 partridge in a pair tree
18. 2 shakes of a lamb’s tail (no one got this one right)
19. 4 and 20 blackbirds, baked in a pie
20. “7 Brides for Seven Brothers”
21. 6 faces on a die
22. 20 numbers on a dartboard
23. 360 degrees in a circle
24. 1 great leap for mankind
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

User avatar
jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 5546
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:24 pm
Location: I come from the land down under!!

Postby jacfan » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:02 pm

This was very close and you all did very well.

:band: :band:
:rap: The winner is GhoGho with 20 correct!!!!!! Well done. I am not sure what the prize will be but I am sure Ed will advise me at some stage.

Congrats also to cmlean and Ed for 16 correct.
Followed very closely by Julian on 14 and Southernman on 13.

I hope you all had a bit of fun.

For the time being this is the last of this sort of quiz. I will be doing more but none along these lines at the moment.
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

User avatar
jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 5546
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:24 pm
Location: I come from the land down under!!

Postby jacfan » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:13 pm

Just for fun I will post some of the funny answers I got... I am not saying who entered them but I know you might recognise your own.



1. 76 = Toads Left the Big Party
14. 23 = Pairs of Cats in the High Bed
14. 23 = Pieces of Cake in the Hot Box
16. 3 = Men (gay?) in a Tub
16. 3 = Mice in a Tree
16. 3 = musicians in a trio
17. 1 = Person in a Porta Toilet
17. 1 = Pierce in a Pool Table
18. 2 = Sections of a Long Tram
18. 2 = Sons of a Little Tramp (polite version of Sonofabeech!)
18. Sides of a laptop
19. 24 = Big Brother Breaks in a Period
22. 20 = Nuns on a Donkeys Back (Poor Donkey)
22. 20 = Nights on a Dirt Bike
24. 1 = Girl Late for Maiden Kiss

:ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :thankyou: all for brightening my days.
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

User avatar
jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 5546
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:24 pm
Location: I come from the land down under!!

Postby jacfan » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:15 pm

:oops: :oops: Sorry I forgot someone.... Sorry T-K.... :cry: :cry:
T-K tied with Julian with 14 correct. Missed seeing your entry among all the PMs.
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

User avatar
<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner
Posts: 2604
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 4:54 am

Postby <T-K> » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:37 pm

I was starting to think maybe I was going to get my own special celebration :lol: 8)

User avatar
gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner
Posts: 3557
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:18 am
Location: Revelstone

Postby gkaytaz » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:49 pm

<T-K> wrote:I was starting to think maybe I was going to get my own special celebration :lol: 8)
Too young, too hopeful :) Congrats btw...
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

User avatar
<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner
Posts: 2604
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 4:54 am

Postby <T-K> » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:23 pm

gkaytaz wrote:
<T-K> wrote:I was starting to think maybe I was going to get my own special celebration :lol: 8)
Too young, too hopeful :) Congrats btw...

:lol:

Thanks...I never saw your name in there?

User avatar
gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner
Posts: 3557
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:18 am
Location: Revelstone

Postby gkaytaz » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:09 pm

<T-K> wrote:
gkaytaz wrote:
<T-K> wrote:I was starting to think maybe I was going to get my own special celebration :lol: 8)
Too young, too hopeful :) Congrats btw...

:lol:

Thanks...I never saw your name in there?
Cuz I had seen that quiz before and knew the answers. Wouldn't have been fair if I participated...
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

User avatar
jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 5546
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:24 pm
Location: I come from the land down under!!

Postby jacfan » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:02 pm

Yes Gkay was very fair and told me he had seen them before and therefore would not enter. A true gentleman. :up:
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

User avatar
gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner
Posts: 3557
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:18 am
Location: Revelstone

Postby gkaytaz » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:29 am

jacfan wrote:Yes Gkay was very fair and told me he had seen them before and therefore would not enter. A true gentleman. :up:
Aw, shucks :oops:
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

User avatar
GhoGho
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner
Posts: 1054
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:34 pm
Location: 770

Postby GhoGho » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:00 am

jacfan wrote:This was very close and you all did very well.

:band: :band:
:rap: The winner is GhoGho with 20 correct!!!!!! Well done. I am not sure what the prize will be but I am sure Ed will advise me at some stage.

Congrats also to cmlean and Ed for 16 correct.
Followed very closely by Julian on 14 and Southernman on 13.

I hope you all had a bit of fun.

For the time being this is the last of this sort of quiz. I will be doing more but none along these lines at the moment.
:oops: You did give me a few clues along the way. :oops:
Thanks for alleviating the boredom of the day :!:
I'm in shape

Round is a shape...........


:cheers:

User avatar
jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 5546
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:24 pm
Location: I come from the land down under!!

Postby jacfan » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:24 pm

Well since it was just for fun I saw no problem with giving a couple of clues. Most of you got a couple but only on the ones you attempted.
I am glad you enjoyed it. I think a lot of us are having fun with T-Ks quiz too. :D :D :D
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

User avatar
gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner
Posts: 3557
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:18 am
Location: Revelstone

Postby gkaytaz » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:28 pm

jacfan wrote:Well since it was just for fun I saw no problem with giving a couple of clues. Most of you got a couple but only on the ones you attempted.
I am glad you enjoyed it. I think a lot of us are having fun with T-Ks quiz too. :D :D :D
Next best thing to watching reruns of last year's F1 races :) Thanks a bunch for bringing us the fun jacfan and T-K and Ed...
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

User avatar
jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 5546
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:24 pm
Location: I come from the land down under!!

Postby jacfan » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:46 pm

Must admit to a certain amount of trepidation... I wasn't sure that anyone would enter. I know you all used to enjoy the quizzes by Lemon but since he has not been around for a while I thought I might have a go at them. If it wasn't for the support of guys like you I would have probably given up. I am just so pleased that you enjoy them.... it means a lot to me.
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

User avatar
gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner
Posts: 3557
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:18 am
Location: Revelstone

Postby gkaytaz » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:46 pm

jacfan wrote:Must admit to a certain amount of trepidation... I wasn't sure that anyone would enter. I know you all used to enjoy the quizzes by Lemon but since he has not been around for a while I thought I might have a go at them. If it wasn't for the support of guys like you I would have probably given up. I am just so pleased that you enjoy them.... it means a lot to me.
Good thing you took the right steps. :up:
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest